HELP : My cat ate a little bit of plastic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today she pooped twice but had no blood in any of them. What does that indicate? Does she has an obstruction or not? Doctor said to bring her if blood comes again but it didn’t ( atleast past 2 times). But she seems little much sleepy today.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No! Doctor didn’t say to come and get it done 😦! Do i still get it even if he doesn’t recommend? Plus she feels hot from a day or two. Like her ears are warm, warmer than they usually are but she is very active , eating well and sleeping a lot too!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I doubt that she is obstructed, but the worry is whether or not there is a sharp object in her intestinal tract.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I’m noticing few changes in her :
1. She isn’t sleeping with me from 2 nights, usually she loves to snuggle under my legs and sleep there but now she sleeps either beside my leg out of blanket or in her treehouse.
2. She isn’t pooping as usual as she was. She used to go around 5-6 times but only going 3 times throughout the day.
3. she also feels little warm

though everything in her activity is same, wondering if it’s concerning. I’m thinking to go for ultrasound today.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update : the blood did come at end of the stool again, it’s mixed with stool so has red line. Called the vet and he said to come tomorrow for ultrasound.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, I just came from vet and the ultrasound was clear. No plastic or obstruction of any sort so its a big relief. Doctor said the blood could have been from the plastic when it was going out or could’ve been something else but its not due to obstruction.

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay so I don’t wanna start new thread so I’m gonna continue. Past 2 days have been fine, she pooped little bloody stool around 2 days back ( not consistent) and tonight she again pooped little blood and her stool was liquid first and then hard at last. What could it be? Ultrasound done and there’s no object or obstruction, deworming is done too.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Blood in the stool can be from conditions like allergies to certain foods or some inflammation in the gastro tract. Since you did an ultrasound, ask the vet if they saw anything else that might indicate why blood is present.

This can be hard to track down. One of my cats had blood appear any time that her temp was taken at the vet, to the point where they refused to spay her until it stopped. We found no cause, it stopped, she was spayed and it never repeated itself. I am not saying that any of this applies to your cat, but just wanted to point out that it can be hard to pinpoint, especially in a cat who appears well otherwise.