Important Help Me Find Best Kitten Rescue Stories Posted Here

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
With kitten season coming, let's take a look at past rescue stories.

I'm looking for threads posted here that told the story of an inexperienced cat lover who came to us overwhelmed when he/she found one or more orphaned kittens and ended up with finding good homes for the kittens rescued. Something that shows the challenges associated with rescuing kittens - especially newborns - and how these can be overcome.

I know not all rescues have happy endings but I'd like to focus on those for now, to help people who may find their first ever orphaned kitten(s) this year.

Remember a good thread with such a story? Please run search and find it and link to it from this thread. If we find enough good ones, I hope to curate them into an optimistic cat rescue article. Thanks!

ileen

with Luciano since 12/5/16
Super Cat
Purraise
I really wish I hadn't seen this thread this morning - I have work to do! Only up to page 21 of This Poor Cat, but I know I'm going to read every thread that's posted here. Thanks!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Here's another of my favourites. It's not actually an orphaned kitten, but the mother cat was 13 years old, and wasn't able to care completely for the kitten, so the human daddy had to jump in and help. It gets really interesting when little Jasper meets his "big sister" a Labrador retriever. :catrub:
Keeping a kitten alive

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions so far! So many of us are dealing with kitten season issues right now, I was hoping this would inspire others too. Your questions certainly deserve their own thread @saleri :agree: We'll split them from this thread, to keep it on topic. Good luck and thank you for caring for the cats!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's one that's my personal all-time-best for demonstrating the dedication, expertise and compassion of the very special folks who 'staff' the Pregnant Cats & Kittens Forum.

No "drama", rather it's the compelling story of a young fellow and an at-risk kitten which began like this:
"My mom has a outside cat who is 13 years old..she got pregnant a few months ago and gave birth sat night to one kitten...she had kittens about 3 years ago but was unable to feed them and they passed before we knew what happened...I don't want that to happen again...what course of actions should i take?"​

And, it went from this:

To this (with the adoptee adopting a new mom!):

From Apr 26 2016 to October 9 2017.....34 pages and 678 posts later, and a story as riveting as the novel you just can't put down.....and a tribute to the rescue supporters here on TCS. All of that's here: Keeping a kitten alive

A second story touched me almost as much, one of a kitten rescued from a highway, but I'm not able to find it......I'm sure someone will remember and track it down.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I just signed on to add Interstate Kitten and discovered that rubysmama rubysmama had already done so! Kiwi's rescuers, @bdk103 and his wife, found her as a starving little kitten by the interstate. She had a complete work-up done a short time later and x-rays revealed her stomach contained little rocks and pebbles. Kiwi had been so hungry that she'd been eating rocks. :jawdrop: This story just tore at my heart, a little kitten so hungry that she ate rocks.:bawling: I often think of that poor little girl by the interstate eating rocks and am so happy that @bdk103 and his wife rescued her in the nick of time and took her home to join the family. :heartshape:

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was just going to add Interstate Kitten as well! How weird! It is such a sweet story, and tugged at my heartstrings so hard!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know there's more, and I'll post them as I remember and find them, but this is one of my all-time fav threads:
PLEASE HELP!!!!
rubysmama rubysmama , I do remember the wonderful rescue of Anubis and remember crying and laughing as well, as @lallorona posted over the months. She did such an amazing job saving Anubis and Anubis is one special, beautiful cat. @lallorona was so determined to save Anubis against all odds.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Just bumping to say thank you all for the recommendations. There's still a few days before we start working on the article, so if you have anymore, let me know. Also, moving this to the lounge for a bit, to get more people to see it.

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So much win in this thread! Only posted here so I will get notifications.

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would most definitely like to recommend the PLEASE HELP!!!! thread started by @lallorona as she rescued Anubis! She went into it with all her heart and might to make sure Anubis lived and she, of course, gives Anubis his furr-ever home now with princess. Just a remarkable story of a heart full of love and determination that @lallorona had to do what she did! :bigeyes:

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I would most definitely like to recommend the PLEASE HELP!!!! thread started by @lallorona as she rescued Anubis! She went into it with all her heart and might to make sure Anubis lived and she, of course, gives Anubis his furr-ever home now with princess. Just a remarkable story of a heart full of love and determination that @lallorona had to do what she did! :bigeyes:
Thank you! Adding the link here too -
PLEASE HELP!!!!