• F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi

I decided to submit a photo of my cat Harley (now RIP one year) to the senior cat photo of the month contest.
Also, he's been on my mind a lot lately because it's his one year anniversary of his death so I just wanted to show some photos of my guy.

I still miss him...

Here are some photos taken in the last year or two of his life, so he would have been between 14 and 15 depending on the photo. He was overweight and had his problems, but he was my buddy. I wish I had more photos of him (or a video clip!) but I did not own a camera much of the time I had him.

A

B

C

D

E

F

Last edited:

carmie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
(A) looks like an official portrait.  Also, I think he would appreciate it if you used one taken before he put on so much weight.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Carmie. I didn't use any of his "skinny" photos because, well, the contest is for senior kitties, and he was only slim when he was younger, and then again at the end of his life, but he had cancer and got too thin, so didn't want to use those photos either. Actually D and E photos were both taken a few weeks before he died, but I tried to take flattering photos of him where you couldn't see that he was sick.

This is a photo I took a couple of days before he died, when I knew I was going to have to put him down. You can see how sick he is here :(

and a couple of photos from happier times

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I actually like the one you took of him just a few days before he died, the one with the black and white polka dot towel.  This is, afterall, for senior cats. That picture must be so precious to you

Gosh, he reminds me so much of my own dear
Sven
, who also was very ill at the end. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

redvelvetone

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
he is a senior cat in the first set of photos too - he was either 15 or 14 in all of them. Two of them were taken a few weeks before he died too.

The portrait I did of him just before he died (on the black and white pajama top) is a bit painful for me. I can't look at it without remember him being sick.

And he looks like he is hurting. So I don't want to use that one.

Thanks for your reply though. I'm sorry for your loss of Sven.

Anyway, it's not a big deal. I'll just pick one of the photos soon. Perhaps "A". He looks happy there.