Help Me Buy A Camera!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've had a video camera/regular camera in one for over 10 years and the thing is DOA =(
Help me buy a new one please?
I'd like it to take stills and videos as well, and be user friendly (nothing fancy, this is a hobby not a professional thing), a decent price, etc.
Anyone have any suggestions?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I've been seeing good comments about Canon - seems like they've practically taken over the camera industry but I don't know whether that automatically means their cameras are the end-all be-all.

My old one is a Panasonic workhorse but a little slow on getting the focus. I've missed shots because of that (grrr), but otherwise I love the camera.

I used PCMag to find it back then. Between that website and reviews . com, I figure I can find one that won't have a price-tag that takes two arms and half a leg, and I can toss out as "wow, this would be a REALLY nice Christmas present" :thumbsup:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, Furballsmom Furballsmom and engine4154 engine4154 !!
I did order a Canon. A simple thing that takes stills and video and has a night cam (fancy!)
I haven't had a camera in months and having two cats that aren't exactly at their best, I think "you're going to kick your own rear end if you don't have pictures and videos recent". I hope I like it.
My last camera died during a day on the water and I remember coming home, all excited to see these pictures and videos and got nothing. I was SO upset..

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've bought used equipment through B&H photo without a problem over the years. And I've used Steve's Digicams - Digital Camera Reviews, Camera News, and Photography Information for reviews. You're not going to go wrong with either Nikon or Canon these days. I shoot with both.
Also, your cats are named Bonnie and Clyde?! That is amazing!!!!
We once had a Charlie, Linus, and Lucy =D And we fostered two cats named Malcolm and Reese (from Malcolm in the Middle).
I love theme names!

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, major bummer about the lost pictures. I hope that your new "toy" is a whole lot of fun!
Thank you!!! I hope I can share some crazy photos of crazy pets doing crazy things! =D

engine4154

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, your cats are named Bonnie and Clyde?! That is amazing!!!!
We once had a Charlie, Linus, and Lucy =D And we fostered two cats named Malcolm and Reese (from Malcolm in the Middle).
I love theme names!
Clyde was almost a 'Max'. I told my sister this while she was checking him out when he first moved in (she works at his vet's office). She advised me against it since she just worked with a Boxer named Max who was a giant pain in the a**. After that he became a Clyde. A few years later after Bugs passed away, he seemed lonely so I adopted the tortie. There was no question what her name was going to be, lol.

Good luck with your new camera!