Help, Kitten Problems

Monashafiq12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi this is my first post ever, so please bare with me if I sound stupid. I just adopted my little kitten, her name is Minnie she's 4 months old and already been spayed, I think she's a Russian blue or a mix of Russian and something else. The first day we got her she was super curious just walk around the place, investigating. She was cuddly and would jump on the bed with us, and sleep right next to us and played all that night. Then she started sleeping and slept all day and night, she started becoming less cuddly and completely stopped playing. I noticed she doesn't really groom herself all over either. And loves to be on our own. She meows, not a painful meow, just like she's trying to tell us something, especially when I pick her up to put in her bed or something. She has been eating fine, using the litter box, drinking water, kneading her blanket, and purring. I just feel like she hates me.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think her behavior has anything to do with how she feels about you. My first concern would be her health. She needs to be checked out by the vet to see if she has something physical going on. Sleeping is pretty normal but not playing and not grooming herself don’t seem usual.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Time for a vet check. The sleeping is normal. But she should be active. Don't panic, this could be as simple as worms, but she does need to be seen.