Help! Kitten Just Don't Care About Litter!

Normacaballero

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone!

I'm writing really worried, few weeks ago, we adopt a little Kitty, we found her on street nearly dead, so skinny, without a half of ear, so weak, with closed eyes, full of fleas, could'nt be worst. We take her to the vet, they told us that she was 3 weeks old, inmediatly start treatment, etc.

She finally get well, we did her vif test and came off negative. So happy!

Now that we know it was safe, we introduce her to our older cats, all females, 1 and 2 years old.

Everything was going well, until we notice that after over 2 weeks taking her to the litter box, she was still having accidents outside. We start checking the litter box problem with more attention.

So, now she is 2.5 months old and she still don't use her box. We did all things we could think to help her but nothing seems to work.

Now we have 6 boxes arround the house, all easy entrance, and still the same...

There are like 4 places where she use to pee, we put the litter there and she switched to other place.

One thing that really concerned me is that it seems that she doesn't care at all the pee, for example: she even pee in the floor right in the place of the food and water, what the heck!! I havent hear of a cat like that!

I suspect that she knows the litter is for pee, cuz half of the time we put her randomly in the box she starts to pee. BUT she never go by herself and she never tries to cover pee or poop. The less she touch it the better.

We already try 5 brands of litter, and nothing works.

Its like "I hate touch litter, but I know what is for" haha.

Please help! Any ideas? We're having trobule to take her to the litter cuz we have to go work you know? So when we come home she already peed somethig.

She even pee the bed twiced! HELP HELP

Hugs from México!

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. So glad you found the kitten and saved her life. Possibly due to her rough beginning, she's a bit slower learning litter box skills.

Here's a TCS article that may be helpful:
How To Train Kittens To Use The Litter Box

Also make sure you thoroughly clean any area where she pees. An enzyme cleaner is the only type that will completely remove the urine scent. Here's articles with more info:

How To Remove Cat Urine Odor From Your Home
How To Get Cat Urine Smell Out Of Carpet: Effective, Non-toxic Solutions
How To Get Cat Pee Smell Out Of Clothes And Linens