Help! Is My Cat Pregnant?

marievepage

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This beautiful white skinny stray cat, was huge. Figured she was pregnant, brought her in so she could have her babies inside. Its been more than 2 months and she still hasnt had them. Shes still big and she hasnt been in heat ever since i brought her in.

Is she pregnant?

Abigailfosters

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi,
Have you taken her to the vets? How long has she been inside, has she gotten .out since you took her in?
What signs of pregnancy is she showing other than a big belly?
Big belly can connect to all sorts, worms, pyometra etc. Have you seen or felt any movement in her belly?
Do you have any pictures of her, and her tummy

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
It’s possible that she was previously someone’s pet, and is spayed. You might be able to feel a spay incision, although this might be difficult if her fur is especially long or dense. The average gestation period for cats is 64 days, so the timeline doesn’t match up, because she wouldn’t be “showing” that early in her pregnancy. Besides her size, did you notice any other signs listed in this article?

How To Tell If My Cat Is Pregnant?

A distended stomach can be caused by things other than pregnancy, including intestinal parasites, as Abigailfosters mentioned. Also worth mentioning, although, I don’t believe it’s super common, cats can have false pregnancies. I definitely agree that it would be best to have her checked over by a vet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pictures would definitely help. she may have worms, or be so starved she has that bloated belly often seen on starving human victims. If it has been absolutely 70 days or more, a visit to the vet is in order to figure out what is wrong. has there been any change at all in that time? The babies may have died inside of her, any discharge or smell?