Help I have a 8months yrs maincoon at 5.70lb

Willmath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last friday i made my dream come true, having a maincoon, but the issue,he is 8month look like a 4months, weight 5.7Lb skin/bones, my girlfriend said he is suppose to be 15lb at that same age. He is having hardtime eating. The previous owner tried a lot of ways. But he doesmt seems to gain any mass. He has no energy sleep most of the day. The previous owner will take him back, but Tomorrow might be His last day.
Should I let go, are you think there is a way.

Please what do you think

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think there is almost definitely something medical going on and he needs to see a vet yesterday (immediately, that is). You could save his life.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Willmath

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think there is almost definitely something medical going on and he needs to see a vet yesterday (immediately, that is). You could save his life.
he has seen a vet at 4months for fluid and antibiotics, but no echo was done. The breader agreed to take the kitten back since it was only a "test week". But started to talk about Euta in the message.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
he has seen a vet at 4months for fluid and antibiotics
What was the vet's diagnosis? Did the vet do bloodwork, e.g. CBC? Have you considered getting a second opinion from another vet?
You mentioned he is having a hard time eating, did anyone check his mouth or teeth?

Here is an Article with some very helpful information about how to help your cat gain weight:
How To Get A Cat To Gain Weight – TheCatSite Articles

I hope you are able to find out what is ailing your cat so that you can get the proper medical treatment for him. Best of luck! :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This kitten has something serious going on, and either the breeder or the vet is very remiss with diagnostics and/or treatment. I cannot tell you what to do, only that you have to follow your heart. SHOULD you keep this kitten, take him immediately to a vet that YOU have chosen. You may be his only chance.

noani

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If he hasn't seen a vet in 4 months of this going on, I don't think all (or any) possibilities have been exhausted. Euthanising him would surely be a last resort, not the first response to a kitten who isn't eating/gaining weight?
I agree with the others. The breeder seems like the kind of person who shouldn't be taking care of cats (or anything for that matter), let alone breeding.
You may truly be his only chance at this point.