Help I Don’t Know What To Do!!!

Zbiz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I had a cat that I bought from someone and there came a time when I was not able to have her in my home with me though I didn’t want to get rid of her. I left her on a street that a friend lived on and asked her to watch out for my cat and make sure she was okay. I later on ended up moving in with this friend on that street and saw my cat every day. Between the time I dropped her off in that street to the time I moved into that street was a couple weeks and a lady on that street had “claimed the cat as hers” though she never let the cat inside her home and hardly fed her. I met the lady one day and she told me that if I ever took the cat she would shoot me. I kept visiting the cat outside on that street for almost a year. The last time I visited the cat though she was skinnier than I’d ever seen her and she was so dirty and had scabs all over and a scar on her belly with her underside shaved. I couldn’t leave her there. I was in histerics about my poor kitty. Did I do the right thing picking her up off the streets and taking her home with me where I can take way better care of her??? Or is what I did illegal???

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she was not properly being cared for then you did the right thing. Yet, now the poor kitty needs vet care. Are you able to provide vet care, food and shelter for her?

If you are going to put her back on the streets when you move again, it might be better to try to find a loving home for her. Are there any no kill human societies or cat rescue groups you could find near you? You can do a google search on them for your area.

This poor kitty deserves a warm loving home. I hope you can make that happen.