Help, Confused Cat Mom

erriebella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok so my baby cat is I think 4 months or 5 but came on here because i'm scared. I have another cat and I think he got her pregnant. I'm really scared I mean she's A BABYY and I know it’s my fault but someone help. Will she die giving birth? maybe she's not pregnant which i hope? I don’t have enough money to take care of 3 cats and more who will even adopt??? and I searched about cat miscarriages and all that and lowkey terrified. Someone just tell me what to do or make me feel better I don’t know maybe i'm thinking too much and she’s just chubby I mean she does eat a lot. I don’t know help.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It would be out of the norm for a 4 month old kitten to get pregnant. 5 months, still unlikely but pushing that to possible. She could have been on the verge of her first heat, or you didn't notice.

IMO get her to the vet asap to be spayed. If she is pregnant they can do a spay/abort. If she's not pregnant - great. If she is at least you won't have the heartache of potentially having her have problems with the pregnancy let alone not being able to care for the kittens herself as her "mom" intuition has not kicked in yet due to her age and you possibly winding up with a lot more cats than you can handle caring for.

Important to get your male cat neutered also.