Help! Cat Ran Out While Covered In Dish Soap

Roshana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted a feral cat, he eats and sleeps in the house but occasionally goes out to poop and gaze.
I noticed he had fleas, so I washed him with warm water + dish soap (said to kill cat fleas). He was okay at first but when I started rinsing he ran out, slipped out of my hands and is hiding somewhere, still not thoroughly rinsed. I can't reach him and tried to lure him out with food but failed.
I'm so worried, I read that dish soap can irritate the skin, and he's completely wet from the neck down. Will he try to lick the soapy water off and get sick?
Will he be okay out there??

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH GOOD! I'm glad he's back. Look, don't beat yourself up over this. Cats are wiley, and supple, and fast, and smarter than we are! No matter how we try to take the best care possible, a cat can (and usually will) figure out a way to make us feel like horrible failures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roshana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
OH GOOD! I'm glad he's back. Look, don't beat yourself up over this. Cats are wiley, and supple, and fast, and smarter than we are! No matter how we try to take the best care possible, a cat can (and usually will) figure out a way to make us feel like horrible failures.
Yes... He was fine and still loves me after all that

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Roshana

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The few times I have given my cats a bath, I have done it in the bathroom with the door shut so they can't escape. They can scale walls to avoid water. I hope you got all the flea's.
Yep, definitely closing my door next time.
And yeah the fleas are gone, the one or two still stuck in fur are dead. So dish soap works!