Help Asap

Rfroggy213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My outdoor/indoor cat Luna is 2 years old and had her first litter 3 weeks ago. The kittens are all doing well and playing and their teeth are starting to show and they're eating well and next week she's supposed to start weaning them. The runt of the litter (the smallest one) has grown a lot and I thought she was doing okay, but since early this morning she won't stop crying and constantly eating from her mother. Everytime Luna get up to go eat , the kitten goes with her and is constantly trying to eat from her like shes starving. Luna isnt rejecting her , shes letting her kitten eat probably more than she should. But I just don't know what's wrong with this kitten. She's constantly crying and feeding..

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She may be having a growth spurt and need more food right now. Do any of the kittens have teeth yet?

Are you keeping mom and kittens 100% inside? Do you plan to spay after this litter?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rfroggy213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She may be having a growth spurt and need more food right now. Do any of the kittens have teeth yet?

Are you keeping mom and kittens 100% inside? Do you plan to spay after this litter?
Yes , the kittens all have their teeth and their all inside with their mother. And yes were going to spay after

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens may be ready to try some solid food. Try watering down some wet kitten food into a mush or giving them dry kitten chow soaked in water or kitten milk replacer.

Be sure to keep mom inside all of the time until her spay. She can get pregnant again at any time, even without going into heat. She can have her spay when the kittens are 8 weeks old.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, I agree. Hope-ing this is no big fault oncoming, it seems this kittens needs more than the usual at this moment.
You have two ways to go: handfeed - perhaps with a syringe - goats milk or a kitten mother milk replacer kmr, as extra.

OR try to begin give it kitten food... If its hungry chances are good it will try, even if its a shade early...

If momma wasnt properly dewormed, its common kitten has worms. This kitten has perhaps more worms than the others. And these take their share of the food, so she needs more...