Hellp!!

Gabbiesmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my sweet Gabbie keeps having red spots all over her skin. We have tested her for ringworm. I find out those results tomorrow. But my vet put her of the pills just in case she does have it. So I know that the new ones cant be ringworm. She is always grooming and scratching herself. I have tried changing her diet and changing her litter to one that shouldn't irritate her skin. Plus my vet told me to put some neosporin on the red spots. What is troubling is that new ones keep popping up. Has anyone ever had this happen to there cats? Please I am in need of some answers. I dont want my baby being in any more pain.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you post pictures of the spots? Is there hairloss also?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What kind of diet did you change to and did you change to a natural litter? Do you use any kind of carpet freshener?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gabbiesmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have her on applaws which only consists 9f 3 ingredients . Her litter is Dr. Elseys. There is some hair loss. But she is also scratching

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is no way Applaws is a complete and balanced meal... the ingredients are only chicken breast and chicken broth and rice, which why rice they don't even need that. Their website says the meat contains all the natural taurine the cat needs. Is that true?

Or am I missing something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Gabbiesmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What food would you reccomend?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would switch to a natural litter (mix with your current litter to prevent litter box aversion). We feed grain-free Canidae, Taste of the Wild, and Nature's Instinct rabbit and venison.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Depending on when you started giving your cat the ringworm medicine, the new lesions could be ringworm. It takes some time for the medicine to get to a therapeutic concentration.