Hello

Shadco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there, just joined the site.

Over the last 18 months we lost our 2 wonderful kitties.

Spike who passed at 18 years old, a rescue we got from the Rude Ranch in Maryland. She was a total lover.

1650069289432.jpeg

The. About 6 months ago we lost Benga at 13 years old due to fibrotic carcinoma. Benga was a feral that my daughter found but when she went off to college he became ours. It took him a while but he worked his way into our hearts too.

1650069238556.jpeg

Our house seems empty and our pup has been in mourning without her best buds.

1650069533130.jpeg

So to make a long story short meet Fred who will be joining our pack in early May.

1650069644514.jpeg

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TheCatSite. I am sorry for the loss of your two cats but glad your heart is large enough to welcome a new kitten into your lives. Fred looks adorable. And has the most superb whiskers. Wonderful photos.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
d6796594187e1c04bf472e28ae7ea1cf.gif
Shadco and Fred and Pup, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
a46377e59d67d998304b4860c4348255.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Spike and Benga :alright: You may want to pay a tribute to them here in crossing-the-bridge.19

Fed is such a cutie :hearthrob: :redheartpump: and may Fred fill the house with happiness and also keep Pup company.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you, and the adorable Lucy and very soon to be cutie pie Fred. I'm sorry about Spike and Benga. That pic of Lucy looking so lost who could resist getting her another little buddy.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Condolences, though, on the losses of Spike and Benga. :alright: They were both gorgeous cats. RIP sweeties. :angel::angel:
As tabbytom tabbytom mentioned, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a longer tribute to them, if you'd like.

Glad to see you've found a new kitty to share your home and help heal your broken heart. Fred is pawstively precious. :catlove:

Lucy is a cutie pie too, and since she's already lived with cats, will probably accept Fred quickly. But if you want to review the dog/cat introduction steps, here's a TCS article.
How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shadco

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Condolences, though, on the losses of Spike and Benga. :alright: They were both gorgeous cats. RIP sweeties. :angel::angel:
As tabbytom tabbytom mentioned, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a longer tribute to them, if you'd like.

Glad to see you've found a new kitty to share your home and help heal your broken heart. Fred is pawstively precious. :catlove:

Lucy is a cutie pie too, and since she's already lived with cats, will probably accept Fred quickly. But if you want to review the dog/cat introduction steps, here's a TCS article.
How To Safely Introduce A Cat And A Dog – TheCatSite Articles
Thanks I plan on a very cautious introduction between Fred and Lucy.

Our trainer insisted that Lucy never be allowed to chase the kitties. Our house is set up to allow Fred progressively larger safe spaces during his transition. We have some nice Kidco gates.

Will review that link also.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I'm sorry about the loss of your kitties. Welcome to TCS.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to all of you. I'm sorry for the loss of your two beloved kitties. They will always be in your heart and you in theirs. :rbheart:

Lucy is a beauty for sure and Fred is adorable. I hope they become the best of friends. :cloud9: