Hello!

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
So, I guess I joined this site last year, presumably when I had my first kitten, Jinx. Got her in August of 16', and made an account around that time.
Anyways, a little about me - I'm 21, and am residing in colorful Colorado, USA. I have, currently, a dog, 2 kitties, and some fish. I've never been without some sort of project or pet, whether it be a load of horses, parakeets, rabbits, dogs, etc. Jinx and Java are the first indoor cats I've ever had, actually - the rest (all 7) have been fixed outdoor barn cats to control the rodent populations in the stables. Mostly feral at that, too. You'd be surprised how many working cats shelters offer - got all of them from Dumb Friends League.
About my frisky felines:
Jinx is a blue/fawn tabby queen (spay surgery in a week!) who is going to be 2 in April of next year. She ran across the road as I was driving (nearly hit the poor soul) and fell into a storm drain. We pulled over, fished her on up, and decided to give her a home. She's a wonderful cat, and although she's had her moments (marking, destroying furniture and sometimes just acting like a flat out jerk) she's lovable and I wouldn't trade her for the world. She's quite the character, and is incredibly loyal to me. (I'm her human of choice.)
Java is my six month Tortie girl who I rescued off a kill list from a shelter back in July. Despite being a bit piggy, she's totally great - affectionate, patient, and always wanting attention. She's never met a stranger and never raised a claw or tooth to anything but toys and her food bowl.
So, in short, I'm glad to be here and have learned a ton. I've posted a few threads and responded to others. Nice to meet everyone. :)

Attachments

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site, Jinx, Java and cryptic! :dazzler: Your kitties sound wonderful and they are very good-looking. So sad to think that sweet Java would be on a kill list! Jinx needed someone, too. Thank-you so very much for giving them a loving home! :redheartpump:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello cryptic, a belated
5F9BBCC3-B3C4-4720-BD79-BD98427F0EB4.gif
to you and your kitties.

So glad to see you and your lovely kitties and hope to see more photos of them.

See ya around :wink:

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Cryptic! I've seen you around here before, so it's great to officially welcome you, Jinx, and Java! :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, officially welcome, now. Your cats are beauties! I'm partial to torties, being owned by one myself!