hello!

jenna5225

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Im new to this site! I rescued my cat Edgar from the streets about a year ago. He was in pretty rough shape when I got him but bounced back very quickly :). Unfortunately a few days ago he was diagnosed with FIV, and is sick at the moment. I am praying he pulls through this as he is only about 2-3 years old! 

This was him when I first rescued him, unneutered, and had a very bad wound on his front leg. 

And below are some more recent photos of him!

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, and thank you for taking in Edgar!

Many cats can live long and happy lives with FIV. For some cats it can be as simple as just meaning they're immunocompromised, so an indoor life with some supplementing and careful diets can be very helpful. I see on your other thread you're waiting on @LDG to provide some wisdom, but if you haven't seen it already, some good reading material may be her thread about her FIV+ cat, Chumley, and the progress she has made with him:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/259351/how-i-am-treating-chumleys-fiv

As always, anything you want to introduce to your health care regime for Edgar would best be discussed with a vet, but the above can be good food for thought. Best of luck!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the site :wavey:

Sorry to hear about Edgar's illness. Sending some positive vibes that he's feeling better soon :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: :vibes:

Edgar is a very handsome kitty :heart3: Please keep us up dated on how he's doing ;)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS!  Edgar is one handsome gentleman.  I wish the best for his health (DH's office cat, Buster, lived over 21 years with Feline Leukemia, which was a pleasant and unexpected gift to us).   I hope Edgar feels better soon.  

Last edited: