Hello please help ❤️

AshanticC12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I learn a lot from what us bad and good for cats but I’m not a expert and I’m still learning.
At first I fed them friskies which I now I know how it was hurting my kittens and cat.
I now switch them to hill science and they love it they were throwing up and loving the food but all of sudden they don’t want to eat and is throwing the food back and want something else.
Please give me any tips of what to do and thank you for passing by.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you feeding canned or dry or both?

Friskies canned is fine to feed, better than any dry food IMO. Many TCS members do not think very highly of Hills products because of the junk quality ingredients that are in the food.

TCS has some articles about nutrition that will help you learn more about food for cats:

For something more in depth, there's Feeding Your Cat: Know the Basics of Feline Nutrition – Common Sense. Healthy Cats.

Make sure to slowly transition between brands of food to avoid an upset tummy. Transitioning Your Cat From Kibble To A New Type Of Food – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AshanticC12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello thanks for replying back and thank for the information.
I only feed dry food.
im not sure if wet food is more expensive because I have many cats that im taking care of.
Do you have any dry food brands that are better than hill science.
I called my local vet clinic and she said not switch and they have to get used to it but I just feel like changing because they are eating but then just throwing up the food.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you in the US or another country?

Vets have very little training in nutrition so don't expect to get good advice about what to feed.

How many cats do you have? An all canned food diet is best but if cost is a concern, you could feed both dry and canned. Ideally more canned should be fed than dry. Some brands of canned food are available in large 13 oz can sizes which can be split among several cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AshanticC12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
In the US
I have in total 17 cats.
also yes I was thinking of mixing wet and dry food together.
I will got back to petco to give back the hill science food back and get a better food for them.
thanks so much for the advice I appreciate it a lot.
Its a struggle because I’m trying to give some cats away and some got adopted just waiting on more to save more money for the ones who will stay with me.