Hello From Pennsylvania

TeragramK

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I'm a first time cat owner in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania! I adopted my boy Ronan Lynch a little over a year ago. He's eight years old and the sweetest, most low-maintenance cat anyone could ask for. I've loved cats all my life, but since everyone in my immediate family is allergic (I have no idea how the cat allergy gene skipped me! I'm allergic to nearly every other animal, and nearly every type of tree, flower, grass, and mold, but not cats!) I've had to love them from a distance for so long.

I decided to adopt a slightly older cat because the idea of a high-energy kitten as a first cat intimidated me, and I really wanted to be a one-cat household until I got used to having a pet. I went to a cat-only, cage-free shelter near my work and the owner matched me up with Ronan (then called Timmy), a 13-pound black cat who I fell instantly in love with, and who I decided without reservations would be coming home with me after hearing he'd been in the shelter three years! Now he's happily in his forever home, where he is spoiled with all the toys and attention I can possibly give him.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! It sounds like you found your purrfect match in Ronan. I'd love to see some pictures of him!

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Welcome to the forums. Adopting an adult cat for the first time was a good choice. Kittens can be demanding.
What a beautiful cat. Such vibrant green eyes.
We hope to hear more from you and see pictures.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Such a beautiful, sleek cat!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's clearly a cat of breeding and distinction, given the penultimate image. Ordinary cats simply don't understand the pleasure afforded by a good cigar.

Welcome to TCS - both of you.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
GORGEOUS black cat!!!! I LOVE black cats. He looks a lot like my Loki, except that Loki has a white spot on his chest.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello TeragramK, welcome to you and Ronan to TCS :wave3:

Glad to have you with us. Feel free to ask questions and do check out the many good reads in the site.

Ronan is is a beautiful kitty:lovecat::lovecat4: Do post more photos of him!