Hello from Japan!

pinksugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I'm a new cat-momma living in the great, big city of Tokyo, Japan.

I have been a cat-lover since I was really little. Throughout my 24 years, I've owned 5 cats at various points- One when I was really young who unfortunately ran away, and I lost 2 just last year due to old age (they were from the same litter). My other two are four years old and named Riku and Sora (strays I adopted) are currently back in the US with my parents while I study here. They are both mixed, though Sora inherited a siamese coloring. I miss them both dearly, as I raised them from 4-week old kittens when I found them, and I have a very strong bond with them.

Sora is a bundle of energy and her personality is much more dog-like. She loves belly-rubs, giving kisses, talking to you, playing with my parents' yorkshire terrier, and eating. She suffers from a heart-condition she was born with that almost killed her two years ago. We didn't know it, as she'd never been sick! Luckily the clot was thrown to her stomach instead of her brain- her condition was discovered at that time, miraculously because I opted to have an exploratory surgery done instead of an ultrasound after x-rays and bloodtests were negative. She made a full recovery though she has daily medication- she takes it like a champ, no fuss at all!

Riku is very much a typical cat, but he is a momma's boy. He loves lying in my lap and sleeping whether I'm petting him or not, and he always slept next to me in my bed. He's a picky eater, but he's perfectly healthy and happy. He's actually pretty sociable if I'm not around, but if I'm at home, he monopolizes my time.

Of course, as you can tell, I'm not from Tokyo. Since I have been living here for a year now, I took the big leap and adopted one of my very own. My little one's name is Felix, you can see him on my icon. ^^ I adopted him from a rescue group just one week ago. He's now 13 weeks old and just an adorable ball of fluff- energetic yet incredibly loving. Yes, I fully intend to keep him with me, even when I move again. The vet believes he is a persian mix as he has a similar coat, eye shape, and legs that fit with the breed. 

Because this is the first kitten I've raised fully on my own, I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm really happy I found this community! 

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to you and your gorgeous cats! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinksugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you both so much! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the kitties (like they need bigger egos...)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, welcome to The Cat Site.

Your cats are adorable, I'm so glad that you were able to adopt another cat while your in Japan. I'm not far from you, in Yamanashi ken. I do TNR with the feral cats around here and I've managed to get several kittens adopted with the help of rescue groups in Tokyo. It's great to know there is another cat lover close by.

よろしくお願いします。

pinksugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That is awesome! I wasn't sure if there would be anyone else here living in Japan or not. I would love to do more work and volunteer my time to shelters nearby for cats. There are not as many strays in my area as there are in some, though I've ran across them (some might be indoor-outdoor pets. I live in a very residential area). 

It's very nice to meet you! 

helsic

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome!!!

I'm living in China, my parents are also taking care of my boy back in Colombia but I adopted a new kitten here, he's totally black and adorable!

I hope you enjoy the community!!! your cats are lovely!

pinksugar

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! That is awesome- I really wanted to get a black kitten (always have wanted a black cat). But I found Felix first instead and the bond was just instant. xD When I asked him him if he wanted to go home with me, he kissed my nose. 

roro

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So beautiful! Can't wait to see more of them <3

shadowbaby14

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have had lots of cats in my life also but this time I am raising my first kitten on my own too! You are not alone my friend. 

This community is great and very friendly. You can feel free to ask anything in the forums. My kitty tends to be a little rambunctious, and reading other's posts and posting my own threads helped a lot with behavior corrections I needed to enforce. I'm sure you will have lots of question, as I did. 

Good luck with the little one and see you around!

- Grace

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Because this is the first kitten I've raised fully on my own, I'm a little overwhelmed. I'm really happy I found this community! 
Was it you on our Description forum, or was it a parallell case, Chinchilla Persian from Japan??

kagami

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello (and Konichiwa):3 Can I just say how much I LOVE the first picture of Sora with the PS3 controller? Haha. Oh, and absolutely love the Kingdom Hearts inspired names. <3