Hello From A Longtime Lurker!

heatherlcornett

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone! I have been a long time lurker in this forum and recently decided to register. I’ve enjoyed all the great advice and suggestions that I’ve read about. I recently adopted my first cat in nearly 10 years. My previous cat passed away of old age and as I was away at college, I decided to wait until I was more stable before adopting again.

Liv is my current cat and a wonderful pet. She is so sweet and will be moving with me later this month while I complete an internship. She will be 3 years old later this month and was previously adopted and returned due to recurrent cystitis and bladder stones. She seems to get stressed fairly easily so I’ve really been working with her and her health has been improving. Hopefully, most of her stress is under control now.

In any case, I wanted to introduce us and say how much I have enjoyed the site!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. Liv is such a pretty girl! I love her furry belly and long toe fluffs! I’m glad to hear that she is feeling better.

It’s not too common that we see orange girls. In fact, we have a special thread dedicated to these rare beauties:
Let's See Your Orange/cream Females

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
636645AC-96AE-43FF-BB2A-2072AA25D880.gif
heatherlcornett and Liv, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
8D96AD41-78F9-4CAB-95E0-DC6078D8E97B.gif

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Liv is lovely :lovecat3: :lovecat4: Do post more photos of her!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you decided to de-lurk, as there's always room for more cat people here. :petcat:

Liv is a beauty. :catlove:
They do say orange female cats are rare, but I have one too. :lovecat2:

Since you've been lurking on the site, you may have already read these, but I'll post links to some article on stress that may be helpful. And if there is anything specific you want to address, we have a Cat Behavior forum.

Is Your Cat Stressed Out?
You, Your Cat And Stress
Potential Stressors In Cats - The Ultimate Checklist
Six Surefire Strategies To Reduce Stress In Cats

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS :hithere:
Liv is a gorgeous fluff ball :heartshape::hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and that floofalicious Liv!

upload_2018-7-2_17-25-27.jpeg

Since she stresses easily, and you will be moving, may I make a suggestion that may make things a little easier for her? Take an old sheet and throw it over her favorite lounging spot now. Let her shed all over it. Then, when it is time to move, cut the sheet into squares, about 12" to 18" per side, stow them carefully away, and place one or two in each room of your new home. She'll smell herself everywhere she goes, and will have "instant territory."

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hithere: I'm glad you decided to join. Liv just looks so huggable. :happycat:

It was good of you to take a chance on her--kitties with urinary issues can be challenging. It sounds like you have things pretty well under control, though?

Again, welcome!