Hello everyone

leo the tabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,

I finally decided to join this community, however I am not new to this site. I have discovered it a few months back while searching for info for my then sick cat (now deceased). I was reading it sporadically ever since and I like the content. What prompted me to register is my new kitten which I want to raise properly and eliminate some of the mistakes I may have done with my previous cat due to my innexperience, it was my first time having a pet and internet information wasn't as accessable as it is now.

Anyway, I'll start with my first cat - Nensi (Nancy in English). I took her from a relative at about 2 months of age. That was around 13 years ago and all I can really remember from her early life was that she was really naughty, typical young troublemaker. Slowly as she aged she bonded with us and especially with me even though I wasn't the one feeding her or cleaning her litter (it was my father's task). I had the easier job of petting her and she loved me for it. :D Nensi was waiting on the door whenever I came back home. Had a good life, she owned us and let us live in her apartment. Died (put asleep at vets) due to terminal illnes. Miss her very much

louann jude

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

On to the new member of the family - Leo. Male kitten this time and different coat, first because I didn't want to remind me of my first cat, and second because I love tabbies and wanted my next one to be a tabby. Alright, it's tabby with white paws, belly and chin but it still counts, right?

I adopted Leo at 4 weeks, bit early than what I would have preffered, but I had to take him then. He is now past 5 weeks and I had him for about 8 or 9 days. We had the first vet visit yesterday and he is in good health. Leo is very energetic and lively kitten. Loves to bite and don't know how to keep his nails hidden so he gets stuck in carpets, curtains, clothes etc. and we have to untangle him. Randomly falls asleep in my arms/lap when I start to pet him. Purrs like a plane engine from WW2. The next picture is super epic. I was teaching him to use the temp "litter" tray (newspaper inside plastic tray) since he was eating the litter and he literally fell asleep inside!

I don't want to go super long so that's it for now.
I am sorry If the pictures are oversized or too many for introductionary post. Mods feel free to intervene. To everyone, I am not a native speaker of English so I appologize for any mistakes.
You did great. I am sorry about your first kitty. Leo is beautiful. The one where he fell asleep in the liter box is so cute. 

You can clip his nails to help with the snags. Plus it helps to get him use to it now instead of later. 

One thing is don't let him use your hands to play with. I know its cute now. But when he is older and stronger it hurts. If he wants to play give him a pair of rolled up socks or a small stuffed animal so he can rabbit kick. It is super cute seeing them like that. You can also give him a fuzzy stuffed animal to sleep with so he doesn't feel so lonely. 

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS
.  So sorry about your loss with Nensi.  She was very beautiful, indeed..  Congratulations on your new little addition, Leo!!.  What a doll