Hello everyone!

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good morning!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. 

I have a 15 year old patched tabby with white named Athena (my heart cat) that came from despicable circumstances. 

In March, my new baby will be coming home. He's the kitten in my profile pic. He's a fawn/lilac British Shorthair we've already named Lewis (after Lewis Carroll).

In about a year (hopefully sooner) my fiancee will be moving in with me and bringing her 15 year old blue eyed white DSH (totally deaf) kitty Odin. We're dealing with immigration right now because she's coming from Australia. Her other kitty, a 14 year old dilute calico named Frejya, just passed away from lymphoma in November.

I also have an 11 year old piebald mini doxie, and my 17 year old border collie/brittany mix just passed away last mother's day.

Both my fiancee and I are both big cat lovers (I'm a cat and a dog person, she's more a cat person but not averse to dogs), and when she first gets here it's going to be a few months until she's able to work, so we've been discussing her volunteering at the animal shelter or us possibly fostering a pregnant mama or an abandoned litter of kittens.

So, we may be hitting y'all up quite a bit for advice. I've had newborn kittens in the house before as a kid/teenager, but we never had to hand feed and thank goodness never had any complications or issues with them, so while we're not going into it blind we also don't have direct experience with much that can go wrong.

Anyway, hello and thanks for listening :)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I like the idea of volunteering at a shelter.  If and when you need advice, we are here for you. Be sure to check out the other areas of the forum--TONS of information on many topics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ravynwriter

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks, I've been browsing about quite a bit :)