Hello Everyone

red desire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just thought I'd be polite and introduce myself as looking at this site, it will provide me with tons of information. Anyway.....

We are a family of 3 (wifey, me and an 11 year old) and have recently brought a new addition into it - a gorgeous kitten named Alfie. He is, without doubt, the liveliest bundle I have ever seen - a complete barmpot but is already loved by everyone in his new home. 

The reason I found this site was because I was perplexed at him running sideways and wondered if it was normal because I find it hilarious. Thankfully, judging by the answers here, it is perfectly normal for kittens to do this. 

Anyway, thanks in advance for all the information I will gather and hopefully I can be of some help to anyone. 

Pictures of our little Alfie below. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
He's absolutely gorgeous..

I can just imagine him running sideways..

Welcome to TCS!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

red desire

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome Mani. 

It is the funniest thing, really is. 

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That "running sideways" is an instinct to make the cat look larger than it really is.  Did he also lay back his ears, hump up his back, and fluff up his tail? 

Much of what kittens do, such as playing, is instinctive rehearsal for later adult behaviors, including hunting and fighting.