Hello Cat World!

Catlimitexceeded

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi there!

My name is Marie. I’m looking to get my first cat who I intend to show and breed! I’ve been under the instruction of a registered cattery who I consider to be my mentor for 2 years now. Now comes the hand part: purchasing my stud and my queen. I live in a four bedroom house (married with no children currently) so we have plenty of space for stud housing. I’m currently just looking for more advice from more experienced breeders and advice on my first stud.

My cat of choice is none other than the mainecoon. I’m looking to work with European specimens and produce “small lions” my primary focus will likely be in cream and silver variations, but I do love exotic colors such as tortie, calico, black smoke, and blue. For now, I would primarily like to focus on creating a miniature lion with exceptional temperament. By miniature lion I mean having a wide, defined square muzzle that is proportionate to the face, a quite muscular body shape, enchanting eyes focused in blue, green, and hazel, and of course large in size, but a gentle giant. All of course while staying true to the cream color that I’m after. Right now I have two prospects. One being a cream and silver male, and the other being a white male who I suspect so be some variation of either colorpoint or orange and silver.

This is prospect number one, male “Samuel” born (02/03/2018)
E572D170-739A-4383-8B23-36F340FAD069.jpeg
4CBB5C8D-82C8-4B2A-96B7-B91730B327E1.jpeg

Male 4 weeks old, un named

8353C6EC-90A9-4434-ABF0-BBE3A470003D.jpeg
B6CA481F-16CB-4430-BB52-D3AE758BE013.jpeg

What say you all?

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here. I’m excited to hear about your interest in breeding Maine Coons! They’re lovely cats, and we have several members here who are owned by Maine Coon cats themselves. We have an active Showing and Ethical Breeding forum, that would be the best place to ask breeding-related questions. We have lots of knowledgeable members over there who I’m sure would love to help you out! That forum requires a minimum number of posts and days as a member, but if you PM our site owner, Anne, she can get you early access: Forum Guidelines

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm a Maine Coon breeder to be. Just waiting for my girl to grow. With her genes, which are, I believe, shaded, and my male's "Yin and Yang" white masking black, I have no idea what I'm going to get in my first litter, but I know they'll be beautiful. My aim is to have every color cat coming from my bunch, but the smokes and silvers are the biggest goal, followed by the traditional red, black/silver, and black/brown tabbies.

Hi there!

My name is Marie. I’m looking to get my first cat who I intend to show and breed! I’ve been under the instruction of a registered cattery who I consider to be my mentor for 2 years now. Now comes the hand part: purchasing my stud and my queen. I live in a four bedroom house (married with no children currently) so we have plenty of space for stud housing. I’m currently just looking for more advice from more experienced breeders and advice on my first stud.

My cat of choice is none other than the mainecoon. I’m looking to work with European specimens and produce “small lions” my primary focus will likely be in cream and silver variations, but I do love exotic colors such as tortie, calico, black smoke, and blue. For now, I would primarily like to focus on creating a miniature lion with exceptional temperament. By miniature lion I mean having a wide, defined square muzzle that is proportionate to the face, a quite muscular body shape, enchanting eyes focused in blue, green, and hazel, and of course large in size, but a gentle giant. All of course while staying true to the cream color that I’m after. Right now I have two prospects. One being a cream and silver male, and the other being a white male who I suspect so be some variation of either colorpoint or orange and silver.

This is prospect number one, male “Samuel” born (02/03/2018)
View attachment 241235
View attachment 241237

Male 4 weeks old, un named

View attachment 241238
View attachment 241239

What say you all?
First, there are no color point Maine Coons. What this Samuel is, is much more special. He is cream shaded! You can get some very unique kittens from him. Other shadeds, even smokes. He'd be my choice, and, immediately. His facial features are regal and distinct, and while his coat is shorter, it's a side effect of his subadult age. He'll fluff back up as he's older.

The white baby is beautiful, and my own first stud is white, but he is special because he has very extreme facial features known to well represent the Euro/TICA Maine Coon. I'm not seeing some of what I see in my boy's baby pictures here, though he does look like a big lad, and the lynx tips look like they will be strong.

:jawdrop: :drool:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! Both of those kittens are glorious, I don't see how you could lose with either, bloodlines and such all being equal.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Catlimitexceeded

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I think I have for sure decided on Samuel, and I’m now waiting until I can come up with the shipping funds, as he would be coming from Russia :) the only thing that I’m not liking is that the breeder wants me to pay up front, as I asked if she could hold him for me, for a few months until I could finalize everything with studhousing and make sure I get everything on top of the shipping money. I offered to pay a deposit, then in full when I would get him, but she wants payment I’m full in order to hold him. Is this normal? Should I continue with the transaction?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-179632.jpg.gif
Marie, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3649.GIF
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! I can see why you'd be confused on which sweetie to take home, they're both gorgeous! Have many happy years with your Maine Coon :)