Heating/electric blankets for cats & kittens

S2X1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I am looking to gift a heating blanket to a family with newborn kittens because I know it’ll get cold this winter. I am in the Uk and I was hoping someone would be able to recommend some that are big to fit the kittens and cat and would be good for regulating their temperature. Thanks in advance :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the K&H electric heating pads, they come in small to extra-large sizes. They only use electricity that equals a single light bulb, and I am using it some ten years later, so they last a long time. They seem expensive at first but are well worth it. I get mine at Amazon, but you can get them online at pet supply sites and at farm supply stores also. They sell huts now that are heated with a pad too, they fold down for storage. That is what I am buying now.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sure you've already thought of this, but for a suggestion, a box for the mom and kittens to be in until you find something. She will help keep them warm

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, I am looking to gift a heating blanket to a family with newborn kittens because I know it’ll get cold this winter. I am in the Uk and I was hoping someone would be able to recommend some that are big to fit the kittens and cat and would be good for regulating their temperature. Thanks in advance :)
You probably have these available in the UK. Pet sleeping pads that radiate the pets body warmth back into the animal. I have one for my boys. They seem to enjoy the pad particularly in the winter. di and bob indicated K & H sleeping pads. Non electric K & H pads are also available from Amazon.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No matter what you buy, heating pads should be set on low and placed under a blanket with room in the nest for kittens to move off if they get too warm. So nice of you to purchase one for a friend who is raising a litter!