Heartwarming Feral Behaviour

piano cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since the abandonned buildings he was living in were torn down this past summer Tough Guy, aka Tuffy, has been hanging out at our place. We've been seeing this feral Tomcat for years and it's good to see he has fattened up and found a place he feels safe. It's hard work being a feral cat and our putting food out seems to have relieved some stress on him. Today we were quite surprised to see him PLAYING in our garden. :) The snow is mostly gone there and some catnip patches attract all the cats. Of all things, Tuffy was rolling around in it and CHASING HIS TAIL. :) Right out in plain view. Well, plain view of us behind our bedroom window. Life has seemed to be a very serious endeavour for him and we were amazed to see him relaxed enough to play. I got it on video but my slow upload speed means it would take forever to put on here.

I think I will try him on the magic stick. :) I hope to live trap him and at least get him neutered. I still highly doubt there is any pet potential with him, or even barn cat potential. But we'll see.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds very cute! I’d love to see pictures, if you have any!

trudy1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You might be surprised on that potential thing.....as they say “love will find a way”!

Yes, pictures if you can

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is the magic stick? He sounds like a sweet little guy who definitely has potential. :)