Healing incision

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Would you have a chance to talk with your vet about your questions? We're not veterinarians here and yours would be the best source of how long the incision will take to close, and since you'll be asking that, you could also ask about the cone.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If your cat is not bothering or fussing over the incision, I think you could give a trial to taking off the cone. Just do it while you can keep an eye on her. It has been a long time (16 years) since I have dealt with this, but my cat never wore a cone at all.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got my baby spayed June 6th and she needed a large cone(size for a medium size dog) Because she was folding herself like a lawnchair and her correct size cone was scraping it and made it separate at the edge.. and a cat onesie that helped keep her calm.. like I mentioned Gabby had complications with her healing and needed a cone. Unfortunately it took 20 days for my baby to heal completely because of the complications.
Like Furballsmom Furballsmom said if she isn't actively trying to lick/bite at her incision site then you can try taking the cone off. Do so when you can keep an eye on her.
I wouldn't recommend letting her be without a cone without supervision until it is completely healed. This is my personal opinion because during the healing process she may get an itch while not in sight and start licking or chewing..
The picture does look really good.
And like mentioned by furballsmom if you do have any concerns at all contact the vet who did the spay. They will be glad to answer any questions you might have. You can even send them the picture in an email and discuss any concerns.