He loves the sunny spot in my room!

new_cat_in_town_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
B9AC3886-FBCE-4DD6-B48B-5B2987DC8364.jpeg

Back in April, I had posted about my struggles with making sure my new little family member was comfortable. He was fearful of the new place and would hide every chance he got.

These past few months he has shown great progress. He is still skittish but I feel he is warming up to me and our home just as the weather will warm up for us soon!

2824DA97-A3DC-4744-B20A-A98DF5165C95.jpeg

The pictures I get of him now reflect that warmth. He ventures out often even when I am nearby, he explores and does not hesitate to help himself to the (pet friendly) plants downstairs (I have since moved them out of his reach), and he even wakes me up with his early morning zooms around my room. When I first got him, I was so afraid that he would never feel comfortable and safe in our home. But seeing him now, I know that with a little more time that he will. It might take longer than average but I feel that that reflects a lot of aspects in my life. So, it only makes sense that my dear little cat would also take his time!

4DF263B4-D93F-4D30-83C7-A774D6631EB8.jpeg

BDD8DEB6-2D8A-4281-8CE9-6EF878170C5A.jpeg

6FF51B35-69F8-4979-870B-D35288286D3D.jpeg

EEC5EC25-266F-40F2-AA07-A3A8F8BA1C8E.jpeg

C5F3BE1A-2883-4B39-8430-16F39B8185C3.jpeg

Sorry for all the pictures and the rambling! I was so happy when I reflected back on then versus now, that I felt like telling the whole world LOL

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 440569

Back in April, I had posted about my struggles with making sure my new little family member was comfortable. He was fearful of the new place and would hide every chance he got.

These past few months he has shown great progress. He is still skittish but I feel he is warming up to me and our home just as the weather will warm up for us soon!

View attachment 440570

The pictures I get of him now reflect that warmth. He ventures out often even when I am nearby, he explores and does not hesitate to help himself to the (pet friendly) plants downstairs (I have since moved them out of his reach), and he even wakes me up with his early morning zooms around my room. When I first got him, I was so afraid that he would never feel comfortable and safe in our home. But seeing him now, I know that with a little more time that he will. It might take longer than average but I feel that that reflects a lot of aspects in my life. So, it only makes sense that my dear little cat would also take his time!

View attachment 440571
View attachment 440572
View attachment 440573
View attachment 440574
View attachment 440575

Sorry for all the pictures and the rambling! I was so happy when I reflected back on then versus now, that I felt like telling the whole world LOL
You're at TheCatSite -- we love hearing the good stories about those we love! Welcome to you both, if belatedly:noob:s!
I don't see your handsome mancatto's name anywhere, so of course I'm going to ask!
You have a beautiful home. I really love the curtains!
IMG_2505.JPG

Elvis is 15. He also loves sun puddles!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful! I have tons of pics so more the better! I would get him micro chipped if he goes out
We do love pix here at TCS! And many do advocate for chipping. I would recommend never letting your sweet boy out. There are far too many dangers, no matter where you live; and cats can and do live very happily indoors-only.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
You're at TheCatSite -- we love hearing the good stories about those we love! Welcome to you both, if belatedly:noob:s!
I don't see your handsome mancatto's name anywhere, so of course I'm going to ask!
View attachment 440576
Love his name, Elvis

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Love his name, Elvis
Elvis thanks you! Elvis was adopted into our furmily at age 9 when his dad was getting ready to marry his severely allergic fiancee. There was also a dog, Priscilla (well, who else???) in their family. Their dad expressed some concern over whether I would change Elvis' name. I responded, "His name is Elvis!" and that settled that. It suits him well. His dad described him as "a character." He is absolutely The King.
IMG_1974.JPG

Elvis on HIS throne👑:bluecat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

new_cat_in_town_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
View attachment 440576
What a wonderful name and equally wonderful cat! And my goodness, I didn’t properly introduce my little grandpa lol. His name is Jacob!
Thank you for the compliment, your bed looks very cozy and warm!

new_cat_in_town_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We do love pix here at TCS! And many do advocate for chipping. I would recommend never letting your sweet boy out. There are far too many dangers, no matter where you live; and cats can and do live very happily indoors-only.
He was thankfully already chipped when I adopted him. I am unsure how he would feel about the outdoors, but I plan on keeping him an inside kitty. I might screen off the balcony but since it’s on the second floor, I don’t think I’ll let him out 😭

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He was thankfully already chipped when I adopted him. I am unsure how he would feel about the outdoors, but I plan on keeping him an inside kitty. I might screen off the balcony but since it’s on the second floor, I don’t think I’ll let him out 😭
EXCELLENT! Yes, screening off the balcony securely would be a great idea. catioshowcase.com has some really nice catios of various sizes and budgets, including balcony style.
Nice to meet you, Jacob! You are very handsome and of course, very much loved! :catlove:
Thank you for compliments. Yes, all of this belongs to Elvis now. He lets me and our roomies live here :lol:and of course I am his humble servant. I do try to keep everything comfy and cozy for him.
IMG_0689.JPG

Here he is, absolutely toasted on silvervine:lolup:

new_cat_in_town_

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EXCELLENT! Yes, screening off the balcony securely would be a great idea. catioshowcase.com has some really nice catios of various sizes and budgets, including balcony style.
Nice to meet you, Jacob! You are very handsome and of course, very much loved! :catlove:
Thank you for compliments. Yes, all of this belongs to Elvis now. He lets me and our roomies live here :lol:and of course I am his humble servant. I do try to keep everything comfy and cozy for him.View attachment 440610
Here he is, absolutely toasted on silvervine:lolup:
Oooh, I’ll check them out! Thank you :•D
LOL claaaaassic cat. I love it when people get pictures of their cats in motion, something about the blurry-ness always makes me chuckle.