He left.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Your grandpa sounds like a wonderful man!

I can understand your not wanted to continue to post all the details, but I do hope you'll pop on now and again and tell us how you're getting on.
Of course I will.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What a great great Grandpa, he sounds like a wonderful person

Still thinking of you and sending you good vibes Monica

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

What a great great Grandpa, he sounds like a wonderful person

Still thinking of you and sending you good vibes Monica
He is very special, and a very good man. I think he has loaned money to almost every one of his adult grandchildren now (and children as well, at one point or another). He told me that every one of them has paid him back, and he is in no way worried that I wouldn't also do so.
My grandpa isn't wealthy, but he is solid middle class. He has always worked hard and saved his money. When he retired, he got bored and started his own business because he just couldn't do nothing. He does wedding video and photography as well as video at horse shows (he used to show and owns Arabian horses). He is 74 and very healthy and very active.
He owns more computers and technological equipment than I do, and I am a Computer Science major.
I love him very much, and am very grateful for what he is doing for me.

Thank you very much for thinking of me, and for caring.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your grandpa sounds like a very special person. I'm glad he was able to help out for now, and I'm sure you'll work through this just fine -- even if it feels pretty shakey at this point. Lots of

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sooooo glad you are keeping us posted, and keeping in contact with friends and family, it is very important not to retreat into yourself and not let things out, though you may just want to hide away from everyone. For the same reason I am glad, so glad you asked your Grandpa for help. Though you felt bad for having to ask he loves you and wants to help you out during a bad time, we all need help at times, there is no shame in that.
Also no shame into looking for government aid during this time. Foodstamps will go a long way to ease some of the fincial burden. I have them, WI Quest program,and am not ashamed. Contact your local job center, they usually have a Human Services Dept in them and while you get the food help they can steer your into directions to take for getting a job. May seem like a demeaning thing to do, ask for help like that, that is how I am, but it is for reasons like these the programs were implanted!
You will be in shock for quite a while, it is going to be a horrible roller coaster of just nasty. Not going to sugar coat that, because that would be a lie. I would LOVE to offer you sunshine and roses, but the reality is different. But as said, you will survive it with more strength you ever thought possible!! I can promise you this!

naia

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You are a strong woman. You're getting through this and so many other women will look up to your strength. *Hugs* x 100 !!

butzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Monica,

Everyone posted just what I would have said. Just remember always that you are a good person. You'll pull through, especially with your grandpa.

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks again for all the kind words everyone.

I am still going. I want to say I am doing okay but that is not really accurate. I am not doing any worse, at any rate.

One of the hardest things, that just is killing me is hearing Pixel cry. She has a special meow for when she is looking for someone (Bamf, me, or my husband) and she has been wandering around the apartment crying for him. It makes me so sad. It is such a horrible, mournful sound and it makes me cry, too. My poor babies don't understand why their daddy left them.

kitkittles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Monica,

I am new here and do not know you but I too have been where you are. My heart hurts for you. You will have your good days and your bad days, but know that time will heal you. Several years have passed and now I am happier than I have ever been, and I know why. I am alone. Little by little, I found all the good things about being alone. Yes, money was a biggie to overcome, but without the demands and restrictions that having a partner entails, I was able to devote myself to an entirely new career which has placed me in a far better financial circumstance he ever good. Another silly cliche' that I found to be truth: Living well is the best revenge.

Here are some of the positives I learned to appreciate in my single life:
1. I get to hold the remote! And watch a show all the way to the end!
2. I can have as many cats as I want!
3. I don't have to sneak shopping bags in the house, or rush home and nearly kill a half dozen motorists, to pick up the package delivered from QVC before he sees it!
4. No one to fuss with about what's for dinner!
5. No more worrying about dealing with his family in any shape, form or fashion.
6. I do what I want, when I want, however I want.
7. No one to nit pick me to death over things they knew about me when they met me and said they were fine with then, but decided years later were not acceptable.

and the list truly goes on...

Not to minimize the pain you are going through now, but I hope you got a little laugh out of some of it, and I hope you feel better soon. Good luck to you friend.

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kitkittles

Hi Monica,

I am new here and do not know you but I too have been where you are. My heart hurts for you. You will have your good days and your bad days, but know that time will heal you. Several years have passed and now I am happier than I have ever been, and I know why. I am alone. Little by little, I found all the good things about being alone. Yes, money was a biggie to overcome, but without the demands and restrictions that having a partner entails, I was able to devote myself to an entirely new career which has placed me in a far better financial circumstance he ever good. Another silly cliche' that I found to be truth: Living well is the best revenge.

Here are some of the positives I learned to appreciate in my single life:
1. I get to hold the remote! And watch a show all the way to the end!
2. I can have as many cats as I want!
3. I don't have to sneak shopping bags in the house, or rush home and nearly kill a half dozen motorists, to pick up the package delivered from QVC before he sees it!
4. No one to fuss with about what's for dinner!
5. No more worrying about dealing with his family in any shape, form or fashion.
6. I do what I want, when I want, however I want.
7. No one to nit pick me to death over things they knew about me when they met me and said they were fine with then, but decided years later were not acceptable.

and the list truly goes on...

Not to minimize the pain you are going through now, but I hope you got a little laugh out of some of it, and I hope you feel better soon. Good luck to you friend.
LOL! Many good reasons! You forgot not having to shave your legs! And #4, oh god the dinner debate, "What do you want to eat?" "I don't know, what do you want?" Continue playing that on an endless loop Grrrrrr!
Kidding aside, #6 and #7 are so very true!
I quite like being single. It was a hard road to get to say that, and never thought I would ever get to this point, but I did! You will too Monica!

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

I am still going. I want to say I am doing okay but that is not really accurate. I am not doing any worse, at any rate.

One of the hardest things, that just is killing me is hearing Pixel cry. She has a special meow for when she is looking for someone (Bamf, me, or my husband) and she has been wandering around the apartment crying for him. It makes me so sad. It is such a horrible, mournful sound and it makes me cry, too. My poor babies don't understand why their daddy left them.
I'm sorry to hear that Pixel is having such a hard time. Have you explained to your kits what's happened? Just telling them that your husband left, but it had nothing to do with them might help. It can't hurt. Cuddle them and kiss them and hold them and keep taking it day by day. More vibes.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by zorana_dragonky

Awww poor Pixel
My Bella went through the same thing when my first husband died, she would cry this awful distress cry, it was pitiful, and every time someone came to the house she ran to the door, only to be disappointed
I will say it took her about 6 weeks to stop looking for him

Big hugs to you Monica

bookworm

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm also new and don't know you, but having had clinical depression as a companion since childhood, I can tell you not to blame yourself for his unhappiness. It would be great if changing places, jobs or spouses could make him happy, but his unhappiness comes from within and can only be reversed from within. Hang in there, give yourself time to heal, and don't let it damage your self esteem, it was him, not you.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, sweetie, I am so sorry! Despite all of this, I know you can and will triumph over this horrible situation. Get your crying out now; you are hurting, and you need to cry. No shame in that. Things WILL get better...

Do you have anyone there who you can talk to? You always have us, of course, but having someone actually there is good, too.

Sending lots of vibes your way.