He ate an Ear Plug?

Cutegrapefrute

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Didn't know the best place to put this. Pretty sure my cat ate one of my ear plugs this morning.. i usually put them in a drawer and the one morning I didn't it disappears. He likes to mess with the stuff on my bedside table (bookmarks, paper, etc) and I was half asleep this morning while he was messing with things so I didn't notice it was actually the ear plug, but when I got up one was on the floor & the other was gone :/

He ate breakfast like normal, hasn't thrown up, will be keeping an eye on him making sure he poops & probably do the gross checking to see if he passed the plug, and probably call the vet later or if he seems to show signs of distress.

Should I be worried if he is acting as normal? Kind of soon to tell, its only been a few hours.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it didn't have a cord, etc. He should be fine. Just check his poop every day for it. it didn't have a battery did it,? If so call your vet that could cause problems. Make sure you check other rooms and pull everything out too, to check. They can carry them off. If he stops eating, acts lethargic, or stops pooping get him to a vet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So 've its not very big and foam, it should pass through.Things you have to watch for are stringy things like floss and tinsel, etc. They can actually wrap around and tie the intestines together. Cats tongues are rough and all the 'barbs' point down the throat. Once they get something stringy on their tongue it can't get off and continues down the throat. They really can't spit it off. It is evolution to help with swallowing prey.

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thirteen, my lovely female long-haired tuxedo, has eaten one before. I freaked out! My vet told me to calm down and monitor her poop which I did. Sure enough, a day later there it was. I cleaned it off and used it that night and it was fine. (Not really.) :flail::flail: