Have Your Colony Cats Left Presents For You?

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm just curious. My small colony has left me what I jokingly refer to as 'rent payments' 3 times now. Although, Betty Boop View media item 421671 actually stole one of the rent payments :crackup:(seriously, I happened to look out the front window to see her running away from the patio with a dead mouse in her mouth once). The two I've found have been right in front of the feeding station.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
When I lived up in the foothills, one of my ferals had a rat who was so huge that even I jumped when I saw him. Sitting proudly next to him at the front door. My own cats would find mice in the garage and put them on the computer keyboard...the odd part is that they skinned them, apparently thinking that I would not be able to do that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When I lived up in the foothills, one of my ferals had a rat who was so huge that even I jumped when I saw him. Sitting proudly next to him at the front door. My own cats would find mice in the garage and put them on the computer keyboard...the odd part is that they skinned them, apparently thinking that I would not be able to do that.
:eek3::crackup:

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't have any ferals but one of my actual cats brings at least one present a day if not more. He's a good boy. <3

shadowsrescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I used to get voles all the time. I would walk out onto the deck to feed them in the dark and not see them at all. Later when the sun came home, there it was. I am sure I stepped on it many times.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The feral cats in the shelter colony do it constantly. Just recently two of them followed me all around the enclosure when I was putting food out. They looked like they were plotting something. They each presented me with a dead mouse when I went back out a while later to collect the empty dishes. :lol: One of the two dropped a live rat on my foot about 3 years ago.

They never leave birds for us, but rodents, reptiles, and large insects are fair game.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Notacrazycatlady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of the two dropped a live rat on my foot about 3 years ago.

They never leave birds for us, but rodents, reptiles, and large insects are fair game.
:jawdrop::lol: I'll have to mention to mine that rent payments should be most sincerely dead before delivery.:lol2: