Have you tried (the below) for issues with your cats/kittens ears?

Deex2

2 Boys & A Girl
Young Cat
Purraise
My 6.5 month kitten has, what I think are ear mites in one of his ears and have been putting mite drops in his ear for a week now. Dark, chuncky bits have been coming out. His ear looks pink, pinker than normal or his other ear. He isn't scratching at it more then usual...

I have been reading about the following product that I might buy to help clear things up and or give a little relief if needed. He has an appointment at the Doctors to be fixed on Dec 1 and blood work... so in the interim I thought i would try this out.

Zymox Pet King Brand Otic Pet Ear Treatment with Hydrocortisone
Visit the Zymox Store

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I just don't know. Some OTCs are very good, others, not so much. I'd suggest, since you have an appointment in a couple of weeks, just cleaning the ear gently with warm water, or a tiny dab of mineral oil or olive oil, and wait for the vet's advice.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have used Zymox on a somewhat regular basis, but never without checking with the vet despite the fact that it is now OTC (I am not sure that it always was but I could be wrong). However, the question is not really about Zymox because you have to know that it will work for what is going on with your cat's ears. It will not treat ear mites, and is meant for minor inflammation and dermatitis. It cannot be used with other ear preparations at all and you do not clean the cat's ears before you use it. Given that you have an appointment on December 1 and that the ear mites seem to be getting better, I would wait and ask the vet. You have a young kitten and don't want to use preparations on him that might not be good for him.