Have you tried TEEF?

Mailmans_Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
TEEF is a probiotic added to water to promote good bacteria in the mouth and reduce the bad bacteria. They've had a dog product for a while and added a cat product this year. I think the science makes sense, but does it actually reduce dental disease? Has anyone tried the cat or dog product?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I personaly don't add anything to my cats water. Both my cats can be particular about water, Kabuto for example will only drink from the fountain, Indy won't touch well water, must be filtered or bottled (she will swim in it though).

I am more concerned about my cats getting enough water than anything else. If I put an additive in it my cats probably wouldn't touch it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mailmans_Mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I totally get that. There was a study on increasing kidney cat water intake that found adding amino acids increases how much they drink. This has an amino acid in it so I'm thinking they'll like it.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Using a fountain also increases their water intake. Kabuto my 16 year old hyperthyroid/chf cat now drinks about 1 mug of water a day and of course flushes it out in the box. The fountain really does help