Have YOU Ever Done THIS to Your Cat?

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I think I may have set our relationship back to square one.
I have long hair and wear glasses. I was just in the bathroom washing my face, hair up, glasses off and noxzema everywhere. Turtle, waking up and wondering where I was, came prancing into the bathroom. She took one look at this hopeless creature, puffed up flipped around to make her getaway. She couldn't get any traction on the tiled floor so she ran in place for a couple seconds. Finally made her escape and is now under the bed!
So now, hair down, noxzema gone, and glasses on I have to reintroduce myself. Man, she's gonna need therapy living with me!

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Na I doubt you have! Smooch (my mams cat) and me do this all the time I think they just get a shock because its different

I bet Turtle is back to being your best buddy soon

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I've not done it to a cat, but I have done it to a young child. Many, many years ago, I was coloring my hair on Trick or Treat night for Halloween. In the middle of the wait for the color to take "hold", somebody knocked on our front door. My hair was a mess....you know what it's like to have color on your hair! Not even thinking, I answered the door. The little boy started screaming and ran back to the car in the driveway. He probably had some serious nightmares for a few nights!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too funny!
I bet you it was just the smell of noxzema.

I've had facial hair and none, and not too long ago decided to completely shave my head to try it on for size and enjoy the warm weather, and sometimes come into the house looking like a mix between a power ranger and Mad Max with all my motorcycle protective gear and helmet on and my kitties still rub up on me since I stink the same as usual, lol!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think that I've wounded my kitties for life every time I step out of the shower and see them laying on the floor!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, I'm sorry to laugh!

I haven't had that happen - but I can imagine! (Love the "cartoon" running in place!). I'm sure she'll recover right quick!

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My ex had that happen with his parents' cat. He had long hair, but had to shave it short because he was going to army, and when the cat saw him with the short hair she puffed up and was totally shocked.
It took a good while for the kitty to come out from hiding and accept the fact that it really was him. I shared my opinion about the new hair with the cat.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Turtle!
She will recover! I have had those clay facial masks on before and NONE of my cats even care. NOW, I know I am a pale face in the first place,
but absolutely no reaction by any of them as if I look like that every day.
Turtle probably won't like halloween then
.......... No trick or treaters at your place

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, we've had that happen! The first Halloween we had Harley and Monster (they were probably 7 months old), we got ready to go out. I went in the bathroom looking normal, and came out looking like a very sad version of a zombie. They both arched, puffed out and hissed at me. I was able to calm them down until DH came out of the bedroom in a full face mask. They ran under the couch and wouldn't come out until he took the mask off and coaxed them out. The next day they were fine. But, it was so funny!

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THAT is hilarious
I'm with Ducman69 on this one. I bet it was the smell of the Noxema. After horseback riding I always wash my hands and use hand sanitizer before leaving the stables. When I get home none of my cats or dogs will come near me. I'm guessing I smell like the vet's office ;0