Have Two Kittens That Are Comfortable Enough To Sleep Next To Each Other, But Still Bite Each Other

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a 15 week and 26 week old kitten. Tuxedo (F) is the older one named Lilo, the smaller one is Sawyer (M). Had Lilo since November, Sawyer for 18 days.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ChiEutDxkCS4S8zD2

As you can see both kittens are comfortable sitting either on a chair, cat tree, or my lap. But they will both randomly bite each other very hard to the point both cry and both look very unhappy.

Not sure what I can do? I normally do leave them to roam around even when I'm at work now, I have two cameras watching over them, and they usually don't do anything. Although Lilo will normally growl and paw at Sawyer if he tried to eat from her bowl, yesterday they both ate from a small metal bowl.

Separating them is never a problem, a loud yell will normally stop it. Or a toy. I cut their nails, but I'm worried their biting each other way too hard and worried they'll claw each others eyes.

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have two cats who are cuddle buddies and groom each other like crazy. View media item 420580
Sometimes though Fury gets annoyed and bites Rocket hard. Other times Rocket will love bite on Fury if she thinks he stops too soon. Cat relations do include bites as a non-aggressive form of communication and interactions. The only time you have to worry about biting is if they get to the point of blood. Even if they cry out, at the age your kittens are it is still just learning boundaries. Older, it can be like when kids on a playground go "ouch! that really hurt!" where they are complaining but it really isn't a serious injury.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saleri

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have two cats who are cuddle buddies and groom each other like crazy. View media item 420580
Sometimes though Fury gets annoyed and bites Rocket hard. Other times Rocket will love bite on Fury if she thinks he stops too soon. Cat relations do include bites as a non-aggressive form of communication and interactions. The only time you have to worry about biting is if they get to the point of blood. Even if they cry out, at the age your kittens are it is still just learning boundaries. Older, it can be like when kids on a playground go "ouch! that really hurt!" where they are complaining but it really isn't a serious injury.
Aight, so you don't think I have anything to worry about? More worried about one of them clawing the others eye at this point.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Aight, so you don't think I have anything to worry about? More worried about one of them clawing the others eye at this point.
Nope, no blood and no fur flying and all good. Think of it like having two kids who are yelling "mom, he hit me!"