Have some questions about pregnant cat

frenchiestFRY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! So, my cat, her name is Rainy. She was staying with my ex for a bit while I moved into my new place. First priority after moving in and getting settled in was getting her fixed. Well, I get mama kitty back and low and behold! We have a pregnant lady. So I’ve been anxiously awaiting my grand kitties. Have rainy eating kitten food. Have one of those water fountain thingies for her that always keeps her water circulating so it stays fresh. Well, I’ve noticed that my mama kitty has started nesting. She’s taken over a space in my closet, which is fine. What’s concerning to me though is, she seems like she’s getting smaller. (Could be that the babies have dropped and she’s lost her amniotic fluid) And I’ve also noticed her back 2 teats are suddenly FULL of milk. As in, they’re starting to sag. I don’t expect Rainy to even really have that many kittens. But, does all of that seem normal? That she’s already producing so much milk? That she seems a bit smaller? Is it normal that her vagina is getting longer? I can still FEEL the babies popping around in there. I’m a helicopter cat mom. She seems fine though. Happy, still playful. Not eating very often. I’m just worried

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All is normal. She’s either in labor or about to go into labor. You should have kittens real soon - next day or so most likely. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frenchiestFRY

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you! She’s been pretty talkative lately too. Which I don’t mind. Think she’s updating me bout her feelings.