Have never ever, tripped, or physical injury like a broken ankle,elbow,etc

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've been accident prone my whole life, I have a long list of injuries but I'll share the couple injuries I can blame on cats, lol.

When I was in school I sprained my ankle tripping over my mom's cat. I got up on a snowy morning to check to see if school was canceled, but just had the tv on no lights. School was canceled so I turned the tv off and went to go tell my mom, but since I didn't have any lights on I didn't see my mom's 30lb blob of a cat and tripped over him (he was fine by the way). In case anyone is wondering the cat was very obese due to a previous owner keeping him locked in a room because the other cats picked on him, and feeding him way too much.

I also broke my thumb, or rather my Maine coon did. I had a couple baby gates stacked on top of each other to block a doorway (the room didn't have a door at the time) so I could have my chinchillas out to play without the cats trying to chase or eat them. Well Coon decided he wanted in and tried to jump the gates, he didn't made it and hit the top gate causing it to fall. I'm not sure if I was trying to catch the gate or him but ended up getting hit in the hand with the gate with a 18lbs of cat on it, breaking my thumb.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot; when I was 5, I was running around, chasing our mongrel dog. He ran through a hedgerow, and I followed, except I tripped on something and when I landed on one knee, I landed on an old beam with a spike sticking out of it. Drove that sucker right through the knee, and there I was; behind the barn where no one could see or hear me. I still don't know how I got free of it, but I had to crawl back to the house. As a result, I missed my kindergarten graduation. Dang!

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been extremely lucky that I never broke a bone or got badly cut where I needed stitches. There were a number of occasions where I should have been injured. When I was a teenager I got hit by a Mini Van that made a quick turn. I was left standing in shock with a pants that got dirty from the car grill, but other than that I was alright. The lady behind the wheel was all shook up. I will never forget the expression of horror on her face. I told her I was okay and not to worry. It is a miracle I wasn't knocked over. I had other crazy incidences, one where I dropped a 8 pound free weight on my left foot and was in excruciating pain. I went to the podiatrist who took x-rays of the badly bruised foot. He came back and told me that I should buy lottery tickets because I am that lucky- no broken bones!:noway:
When I was a young girl, I was very rambunctious, I climbed trees (and fell out of a few) and got nothing other than cuts and bruises. I even feel from a very high haystack when I was 5. I landed on my feet, but from the height I fell (easily 20 feet), I should have broken something. I also thought it very strange with all the crazy accidents, I had growing up and well into my adulthood that I should of broke some bones and/or required stitches. It is pretty miraculous, but with that said the older and wiser me doesn't tempt fate. I play it safe instead.😉

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been extremely lucky that I never broke a bone or got badly cut where I needed stitches. There were a number of occasions where I should have been injured. When I was a teenager I got hit by a Mini Van that made a quick turn. I was left standing in shock with a pants that got dirty from the car grill, but other than that I was alright. The lady behind the wheel was all shook up. I will never forget the expression of horror on her face. I told her I was okay and not to worry. It is a miracle I wasn't knocked over. I had other crazy incidences, one where I dropped a 8 pound free weight on my left foot and was in excruciating pain. I went to the podiatrist who took x-rays of the badly bruised foot. He came back and told me that I should buy lottery tickets because I am that lucky- no broken bones!:noway:
When I was a young girl, I was very rambunctious, I climbed trees (and fell out of a few) and got nothing other than cuts and bruises. I even feel from a very high haystack when I was 5. I landed on my feet, but from the height I fell (easily 20 feet), I should have broken something. I also thought it very strange with all the crazy accidents, I had growing up and well into my adulthood that I should of broke some bones and/or required stitches. It is pretty miraculous, but with that said the older and wiser me doesn't tempt fate. I play it safe instead.😉
You should be in the Guinness book of world records

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
You should be in the Guinness book of world records
Believe me, I have terrible luck in other areas of my life, but this thing of never breaking a bone or needing stitches (with my track record) is really bizarre. I will look at it as a blessing and be happy.😊

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do get minor sprains and strains and partial and full dislocations due to my hypermobility...but overall I don't hurt myself often.
I dislocated a bone in my wrist playing tag as a kid.
I partially dislocated my knee when I was rammed/run over by a wheelchair......go ahead and laugh, it won't hurt my feelings....
And as I said, several minor sprains/strains in my ankles, knees, shoulders from.....anything really, but running is terrible for my ankles.
I broke my baby toe stubbing it on the coffee table, and fractured my nose playing basketball - accidentally got head butted...then 2 days later, my sister accidentally punched me in the face...NOT happy!
The only time I ever needed stiches was when I slipped and fell, face (chin) first on the hardwood floors, but I only needed 3 to stitch me up.
I had a concussion once when my cousin threw a mitten full of rocks and it hit me right in the temple....it wasn't on purpose, but let's just say she's not the sharpest tool....
What tends to happen to me most often is I have a habit of walking into walls.....IDK, I think doorways are against me and move around so I can't walk thru them....
Considering all the predicaments I've been in...I SHOULD have been more seriously hurt....but maybe my hypermobility saves me just as much as it hinders me.....I can bend and flop my way out of lots of accidents....

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I inherited the accident-prone gene from my father and seem to always be doing something. :dunno:

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I strongly advise against breaking the Tibia and Fibula bones. AAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh! It hurts like a great big hurty thing.
Breaking the wrist, toes and clavicle are copeable.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I strongly advise against breaking the Tibia and Fibula bones. AAaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhh! It hurts like a great big hurty thing.
Breaking the wrist, toes and clavicle are copeable.
Broken tailbone from a fall down steps was a really painful thing and so so slow to heal.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Broken tailbone from a fall down steps was a really painful thing and so so slow to heal.
It's funny that as much abuse as my body has taken over the years, I've never broken a bone. Must be from all that raw milk I drank as a kid. Every day, after the afternoon milking, we got a container of milk brought up to the house. Those were the days.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny that as much abuse as my body has taken over the years, I've never broken a bone. Must be from all that raw milk I drank as a kid. Every day, after the afternoon milking, we got a container of milk brought up to the house. Those were the days.
Well, I drank a lot of raw milk too, but still broke a couple of things. Funny though but I can still remember how that milk smelled faintly of cow.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I drank a lot of raw milk too, but still broke a couple of things. Funny though but I can still remember how that milk smelled faintly of cow.
Back then, all of us kids smelled of cow. Which, I think, is why the other kids on the school bus gave us a wide berth.

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never broken anything or needed stitches for anything (aside from surgeries). I did throw out my back in high school when I accidentally set off the football field sprinklers during track practice and then my teammates and I went mud sliding. I slipped and landed on my back. My back has never been the same. When people say they throw out their back but are still able to walk around, I just don't get it. When my back goes out, I am incapacitated. I cannot walk. I cannot sit up. I can only lay down almost completely motionless. I've never given birth, but I truly believe that childbirth would be less painful than when my back goes out.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in May 2010 I was taking a basket of weeds across the road to feed to my neighbor's sheep. The pasture fence is downhill, not very far from the road. Grass was wet. I slipped. Right foot turned under and I heard both bones snap, just above the ankle. Didn't hurt but when I picked the leg up with my hands the foot just flopped.

So I sat on my backside, legs out in front, and used my hands to lift and sort of shuffle back up the slope and start across the road. No idea how I intended to get up our driveway.

Neighbors came along in a car, got me into it, and up to the house explaining to my husband that I needed to go to the hospital.

Now have a plate and screws in one bone, a couple of long pins in the other.

The sheep, BTW, were baa-ing and noisily complaining about the delicious weeds dropped outside the fence where they could not reach them.