Has anyone tried fresh pet?

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I work at a grocery store and we sell the little fresh pet pate and the meatball thingies.I was wondering if it was cool to add a bit of that to my cats food,he hates pate and I thought it could help maybe?

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I work at a grocery store and we sell the little fresh pet pate and the meatball thingies.I was wondering if it was cool to add a bit of that to my cats food,he hates pate and I thought it could help maybe?
I have never tried fresh pet for cats, but I used it for a dog that was old and sick and not eating, and he ate every speck of it. Does your cat have a condition you're trying to treat or is he just picky about eating moisture rich food? If nothing else it might be a nice treat for him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have never tried fresh pet for cats, but I used it for a dog that was old and sick and not eating, and he ate every speck of it. Does your cat have a condition you're trying to treat or is he just picky about eating moisture rich food? If nothing else it might be a nice treat for him!
He has FIV so I really only feed wet food.I like giving him mainly chicken and beef and turkey because I've heard it's healthier,he just hates the pate ones for some reason!I've also been looking for what kind of treats he might like.He likes anything with shrimp in it

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm still researching what food brands to give him.He eats fancy feast for now,but my store sells reveal too I haven't looked into that one yet

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly also want to give him something nice every once in a while.Ive also thought about occasionally giving him those tiny salad shrimps since he loves shrimp so much.My grandmother used to give her dogs gravy but I don't think that would be good for him LOL

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought of chicken broth but all the broth we sell has garlic and onions and stuff in it

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I make chicken toppers or temptations for anyone who isn't eating well, and broth all at once, by boiling down chicken legs (or thighs if I can't find legs) until the meat falls off the bone. I pull the meat off and freeze some in small portions for toppers or snacks, then put the broth in the crock pot with the bones for 12-24 hours, then I portion that and freeze. I don't add any spices or herbs (no garlic or onions). It freezes and thaws well and is really good for cooking for humans, so long as you're not a vegetarian. I do this with knuckle beef bones too. I prefer the beef stock for me, but the cats seem to prefer chicken.
Good on you for checking labels for garlic and onions! So many brands add so many extras that might taste good to us but is not good for the cats.

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I make chicken toppers or temptations for anyone who isn't eating well, and broth all at once, by boiling down chicken legs (or thighs if I can't find legs) until the meat falls off the bone. I pull the meat off and freeze some in small portions for toppers or snacks, then put the broth in the crock pot with the bones for 12-24 hours, then I portion that and freeze. I don't add any spices or herbs (no garlic or onions). It freezes and thaws well and is really good for cooking for humans, so long as you're not a vegetarian. I do this with knuckle beef bones too. I prefer the beef stock for me, but the cats seem to prefer chicken.
Good on you for checking labels for garlic and onions! So many brands add so many extras that might taste good to us but is not good for the cats.
I assumed that kind of stuff wasn't good for them. I know dogs can't have garlic or onions either.And he ate his pate today almost the entire bowl!I put like 3 really tiny cooked salad shrimp on there.I think those are in the shrimp cat food he goes nuts for too.Normally he only will eat part of the bowl!

FeralDragonChild

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I found a favorite treat.I need to experiment and see if he just wasn't hungry before or it was the shrimp we've only had him for less than 2 weeks

Mr. Mojo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think I found a favorite treat.I need to experiment and see if he just wasn't hungry before or it was the shrimp we've only had him for less than 2 weeks
See if you can find a bag of these PureBites freeze dried shrimp treats for cats. My boy Mojo loves the salmon ones.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
See if you can find a bag of these PureBites freeze dried shrimp treats for cats. My boy Mojo loves the salmon ones.
I've forgotten all about those!!! Now I'll have to pick up a bag or 6 next time I'm at the pet store, my cats loved them.