Has Anyone Here Ever Had To Deal With An Infected Cat Bite?

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear you're healing up well. I didn't know that about yeast infections either!

fuzzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I agree with blueyedgirl - Stay on top of it!!!

My limited understanding is that hands are problematic when it comes to infection and it is important to take them very seriously.

Also, about the thrush.....You can get it vaginally, orally or further down in your esophagus where it can't be seen unless they scope you. Watch out for fatigue and hit the yogurt or probiotics hard.

Good Luck

Fuzzycat

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise
P.S. yes I got a yeast infection because of the antibiotics - but a good probiotic can help with that.  ugh!

I hope you get well soon!  g
That's exactly what happened: I ended up getting a yeast infection - only not in the usual place - in the mouth instead. I never even knew you could get a yeast infection there.
You learn something new every day!
The doc did recommend getting some probiotics, which I did.
RE: Yeast Infections

They're nasty little boogers - and cause a lot more health issues than we realize.  That's why I try to stay away from yeast containing foods - like bread - to help keep down the potential problems.  (I usually toast my bread to kill the yeast.)  If you did some research you'd probably be really amazed at the problems caused by the yeast "bug". :)

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Several years ago, I got yeast that was in my mouth and my intestines. The doctor told me eat Activia Yogurt every day. You might try that.

gloriajh

FERAl born “Pepper”
Top Cat
Purraise

fuzzycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree, that story is an excellent illustration of just how serious animal bites (and plant thorns as I recently learned) into the hand can be. I have had two bites and 1 thorn, not quite that bad but still quite serious. The other thing not mentioned is that infections like that are surprisingly painful.