Harry Potter fans?

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[QUOTESo it's not like the 4th movie when my kids were VERY upset b/c they cut out Hermione's SPEW movement?
][/quote]
I just saw the movie---literally, half an hour ago. I'd re-read the book, so everythng was still fresh in my mind. A LOT of the book was cut out, but nothing that was absolutely necessary to the plot.
I loved the movie, btw, and plan to see it again.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My husabnd is taking me to a matinee showing tomorrow!

We're also taking our 2 year old son with us. He loves The Incredibles, so we figured, why not? (=

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lol I see the point now- it's too scary.. I used to have nightmares from movies as a child so I should know what that's like! I thought it might be because of witchcraft, I find that ridiculous, fairy tales have more references to witchcraft than HP.

skyecat0117

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

I was really really dissapointed with the movie.
I gotta say I was too. I was expecting more action and the ending was kinda dull. I get that they are trying to set it up for the next movie but all in all I thought it was just meh.

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SkyeCat0117

I gotta say I was too. I was expecting more action and the ending was kinda dull. I get that they are trying to set it up for the next movie but all in all I thought it was just meh.
Yeah, me too. I wasnt too disappointed, more confused with the ending!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Now this is interesting: \t\t\t
\t \t\tLoving Harry, Hogwarts and All

\t\t\t
\t \t\t \t \tConservative Christian reviews of the new Harry Potter movie are surprisingly positive.
"As 'Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince' opens, we are once again reminded of the characteristics that make him something of a Christ figure," Connie Neal writes for the evangelical Christianity Today.
"It is more likely that at the end of the viewing or reading, rather than the allure of magic ... what remains are the scenes that evoke values such as friendship, altruism, loyalty, and the gift of self," wrote L'Osservatore, the Vatican's semi-official newspaper.