Hard white specks in cat stool

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does he go outside at all. Could someone else be feeding him.
What size cans are they, how many grams per can

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dontcry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
E0B82E42-0305-4E86-9D58-C9FA8533C4E8.jpeg

He looks bigger there

dontcry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nope. Just out on the porch sometimes. The cans are 3.2 oz 100g I believe

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm not familiar with either of those foods but I just googled them and Tiki Cat feeding guide is approx 2 cans per day for a 7 lb cat. Do you feed treats or does he eat anything else because it appears you are not overfeeding him on 2 cans a day. I would weigh him weekly and keep a record of his calorie intake a weight. Try to encourage him to be more active.
Cats vary, I have 2. One eats 250 cals a day and weighs 9lbs, the other eats 180 cals a day and weighs 11 lbs. Both have the same level of activity so there is no set weight.

dontcry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
what food are you feeding? I don't give him treats regularly. How can your cats be smaller than mine and eat more lol

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I live in the UK where the choice of good cat food isnt great. My cats will only eat what they decide so I alternate between Sheba and Ferengo. I can never understand why the cat that eats the least is bigger than the other. I suppose its just like humans, they come in all shapes and sizes. Try to increase his exercise, that will help.

Tasyuh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an 8 year old male cat who never had any gastrointestinal issues till I took him to the vet a month and a half ago (For a check up, but he wasn’t sick) and that vet administered the 1 year Purevax rabies vaccine. I thought that was harmless but 2 days later he started having liquid diarrhea about ever hour for 2 days straight. We took him to an ER vet when he stopped eating and vomited once. The ER vet treated him and he was fine when we brought him home later that day. It’s been about a month and a half and his stools have never returned to normal. I’m convinced the rabies vaccine did this. His stools have been a mix of 50/50 normal with diarrhea. Today he had a much lighter poop that looks almost a pale color. I’m going to post pictures. My concern is the color, and you can clearly see these little white dots that are hard, I’ve touched them and examined them myself. Gross I know but I would do anything for my cat. The new vet we’re seeing did a fecal test and it was negative for parasites. Everything I read online says tapeworm but I don’t think it is, he’s had a negative test and the white specks don’t move, they’re hard. Please help me. I’m worried my cat has some kind of liver issue and my husband doesn’t think it’s time to take him back to the vet. The poor cat has been through a lot of stress already and I don’t want to take him anywhere unless I have to. The first picture is the diarrhea 2 days after vaccination, and the second picture is the stool he passed today.
OMG! My cat is going through the exact same thing you explain. I know this thread is old but I’m hoping you can help :(
My cat has the EXACT same stools as you posted - soft liquidy with white hard specks all over it, I cannot figure out what it is? Did you ever find answers about these white specs?
Also has your cat been cleared up and any info of what treatment worked for you or if it didn’t work? I would love to know! Hope to hear a reply!

dontcry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
OMG! My cat is going through the exact same thing you explain. I know this thread is old but I’m hoping you can help :(
My cat has the EXACT same stools as you posted - soft liquidy with white hard specks all over it, I cannot figure out what it is? Did you ever find answers about these white specs?
Also has your cat been cleared up and any info of what treatment worked for you or if it didn’t work? I would love to know! Hope to hear a reply!
Hey I'm sorry I did not see your response!
I still notice my cat has little specks in his stool, however the consistency has gotten back to normal poops. I was more concerned when he was having diarrhea. I think it's undigested food. Don't stress out too much. If you can send me a picture I'll take a look and let you know what I think.

dontcry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've also changed my cat's diet entirely. He is now eating Science diet urinary. it was recommended to me by a good friend who really loves cats. It's not the best food (I know the ingredients are shitty) but it's agreeing with him and he poops a lot more now; there's a lot of filler and/or fiber which keeps him very regular. Maybe try this food and see how your cat does? I put my older female on it too and her poops look identical to Tito's now.

Tasyuh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I'm sorry I did not see your response!
I still notice my cat has little specks in his stool, however the consistency has gotten back to normal poops. I was more concerned when he was having diarrhea. I think it's undigested food. Don't stress out too much. If you can send me a picture I'll take a look and let you know what I think.
Oh really! That’s great! What regimen did you do to get the consistency back to normal? Just the FortiFlora? Let me know! Thanks for your response btw!!

dontcry

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I used FortiFlora once a day for week or so. It works. Shortly after I switched him to Science Diet his poops became normal again. I don't know what is going to work with your cat. I'm not sure how long your cat has been having this problem. My aunt has a cat that has chronic diarrhea and has to take a pill everyday. With my cat everything was fine till after he was given a rabies vaccine. Two days later he had constant diarrhea, vomiting, stopped eating. It took probably a good month for things to return to normal and I could stop worrying about him. I do understand your worry as a cat mother, I've been there done that. If you need anything let me know I'll keep a close eye on this thread. I wasn't getting notifications thats why I missed your reply.

Last edited:

Vicci Shaw

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Could the white bits be from the litter? Maybe send the photos to your vet as the fecal test was negative. As for the diarrhoea try s boulardii, a quarter of a capsule mixed into his food twice a day. You should see a difference in a couple of days.
The white specs aren't from the litter , I have the same problem with a rescue kitten , I use natural brown soil for the cat litter, 90% that is parasites, could be eggs of parasites or parasites , all I found on the net takes me to tape worms . Going vet , and I will leave a post after. But 100% that the white specs are not from litter substance.