Hard black small lump on back of leg

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wondering if anyone has had anything similar on their car before? It’s black and small, doesn’t seem to hurt her but it’s been there for a while.
1D89229D-F1BA-4FE9-9BB7-3FEF3AF3246C.jpeg

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd get to the vet ASAP to make sure it's not mange. Types of mange can slowly spread over time. What we usually see on TV and YouTube is mange that has spread across the body.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SteveJohn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd get to the vet ASAP to make sure it's not mange. Types of mange can slowly spread over time. What we usually see on TV and YouTube is mange that has spread across the body.
have you ever come across something like this before though black and like crusty.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really think if it was mange it would have spread by now. Being black and crusty it could be a benign cyst (is it movable under the skin, or fixed in place?) a skin cancer, or even something that was embedded under the skin and the skin grew around it. the best thing to do is to have a vet check it out. if it has not changed, grown in size, etc. it could most likely wait until your next vet visit (or make it her visit) Most things like this are benign, but it still brings peace of mind to have it checked and possibly removed. you could send a few pictures to the vets office and have them check them out, call and see where to send them. all the luck!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd have a vet check it, but it could be nothing more than a wart. My cat has a couple of warts that look similar. They were found years ago and haven't really changed. And, actually, sad to say, it was the vet that found them first.