Happy Independence Day!

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also known as 'Stop Giving Subjects Guns Day' in the UK! JK!

"We hold these Pop Tarts to be self-evident, that all Nyans are created equal, that they are endowed by their Cat with certain unalienable Rainbows, that among these are Nyan, Nyanity, and the pursuit of Nyaniness."

Unfortunately, no beer, bbq, and fireworks for yours truly, as I'll be stuck at the office and the Houston drought means a private fireworks ban (else I was going to just bring a stash up here). Doh!

Have Fun and Keep it Safe Guys and Gals!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Happy 4th of July to all the Americans here! I hope you all have a great day.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
What is everyone's plan for the day?

The town north of us, Duncanville, TX, has a 4th of July parade this morning, then a park party and a fantastic fireworks display tonight.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our plan is to BBQ everything that was partially unfrozen because our fridge seems to have gone. Thankfully a friend took everything that seemed still frozen to put in their freezer to keep frozen. I just made all the bacon we had in the fridge.

We'll be grilling some sea bass, chicken, hamburgers, and a steak (I think that's all of it). I had udon noodle salad in the fridge that we're going to have to eat. But the freezer is now packed with ice, as is most of the fridge - like the "ice boxes" of old.

Hope everyone has a great day!

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Independence Day to you also. Today Russ and I are staying home, maybe going to dinner later. We will be leaving for his Shore home tomorrow so we shouldn't hit much traffic. We'll be gone a few days and I'm looking forward to getting away. Altho we're only going less than an hour away, it's a different world when you're at the Shore, so much to do and see. I always enjoy it. See you in a few.

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Working in accounting at a bank = BANK HOLIDAY! As American as apple pie
and I'm so thankful!

Reading, watching the History Channel, playing with the cats, and pork chops on the grill - all at my parents' house! Yes, I abandoned the kittens for a few hours. I'm sure they're happily celebrating their independence from me stopping them from doing 98% of what they please, including their latest hobby, chewing on the blind slats!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Independence Day! I did some laundry, and started simmering cherry tomatoes with olive oil, onion, garlic, basil & oregano. I have so many cherry tomatoes, I'm adding them to the jar of sauce I have for the veggie lasagna I'm going to make for a party we're going to in a few hours. I just finished making lemonade to bring to the party too. Lots of lemons from the tree. It's amazing how working with lemons can make you aware of the tiniest cuts on your fingers that you didn't even know you had. Ouch!