Happy birthday, Scooter :)

melorix

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is my dog's 10th birthday. He lives with my parents, but he's my dog. He chose me as a puppy out of his other seven siblings.

Ten years. That's a long time. I was only 13 when we first met. He was only 2 months old. It's a day I'll never forget. I wish I had digital copies of his puppy pictures. There's a huge ziploc bag in my parent's house chock full of hard copies. He was the most adorable puppy you've ever seen. Heck, he's still the most adorable puppy I've ever seen.

Even though he is 10, he hasn't slowed down a bit. He still goes on 6-mile runs with my dad and accompanies him on bike rides. He runs around the house like he's on fire after a bath. And he's still the smartest dog who ever lived, trained by yours truly.

I so wish I could have him here with me, but my parents are keeping him always. It's better for my mom since my dad works mids and she doesn't see much of him during the week except for lunch. So she gets a little lonely at night. It'd be worse if not for Scooter.

I love this dog so much, and I can't even bear the thought of losing him. Entering double digits, though, has placed the thought in my mind. But he's a healthy guy, and barring some catastrophic accident, I think he still has at least another good 5+ years in him. Still, I do hope that I can be with him when his time does come.

But for now, I celebrate his long life, and our lives shared together as we grew up having all sorts of adventures. Happy birthday, Scaj!