Half year TEMPORARY Rehoming needed

The_Lucky_One

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello Everyone.

About my Situation:
I'm currently located in Newton Massachusetts, but will be traveling to China to study abroad for the second half of this year. Unfortunately it will not be possible for me to take my baby (my cat) with me due to my new living requirements in China. I do not wish to permanently rehome my cat, nor do I wish to be out of touch with my cat ( I would like to be able to receive an update once a week on how my cat is doing as well as some short videos or pictures). As a student, I don't have a lot of money to send my baby to a pet hotel for such a long period of time, so I was hoping I could find a kindhearted soul on here that I could work out an agreement with. I would be able to send Venmo to pay for all of the cats needs myself such as (Litter, Food, Water, toys).

About My Cat:
My cat's name is 'Lucky' he is a 4 year old male orange tabby, who has NOT been neutered or declawed. He is extremely affectionate and loves to be pet. He is accustomed to wearing a cat harness and going for walks outside, (please be careful of what plants he tries to eat!). He eats both wet and dry food (I like to mix it together for variety) his favorite treats are room temperature uncooked pieces of baby squid, shrimp, or sashimi. He has medium length fur and doesn't shed excessively. He does like to sharpen his claws a lot on cardboard boxes or carpet so he would need a scratching post. His only vice is he tends to spray and mark a lot, which can be time consuming to clean up when kept indoors. However, during the summer months he spends a good deal of time outside in the shade enjoying the fresh air. He could also be kept outside in a heated cat enclosure during the winter if necessary (Although I prefer he stay indoors! it gets cold out there) He is completely up to date with all of his shots and vaccinations, and I can show his records if necessary.

If you think maybe you could help me out with this situation or know someone who can please let me know! I'm posting this a little early so I have as much time as possible to find a good host family for my boy =3

Cheers!!

151216354_156571062854592_4096533375691350758_n.jpg 130736718_300130234684011_1138644894125896793_n.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, he's a handsome boy! Is there any reason why he hasn't been neutered yet? It's really difficult to have unfixed toms indoors because of the spraying and the smell it leaves behind. They're also difficult to keep around other cats too. If he's going outside he's probably going to roam a lot to look for a mate, which would be very dangerous and might lead to him getting lost altogether at a new temporary home.

I think you'll have much more luck finding a foster home for him if you get him neutered.

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats – TheCatSite Articles

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The_Lucky_One

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They're also difficult to keep around other cats too. If he's going outside he's probably going to roam a lot to look for a mate, which would be very dangerous and might lead to him getting lost altogether at a new temporary home.

I think you'll have much more luck finding a foster home for him if you get him neutered.
Thanks Norachan! He is a pretty boy for sure! =3 I haven't gotten him neutered, just because I want to keep him as natural as possible, something about declawing and neutering just makes me feel sad.... I know it makes things a lot more complicated by not neutering >_<

I guess I should have specified that I meant FENCED outdoor areas where he wouldn't be able to get lost of breed with random strays. Whenever he is out of the fenced yard he wears his harness. <3

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm with you on the declawing!

TCS is a pro-spay and neuter, anti-declawing site. You won't get anyone trying to persuade you to get your boy declawed here.

Having done feral rescue for over 10 years now and having seen what happens to intact cats and unwanted kittens I'm very much in favour of getting cats spayed and neutered.

But I won't lecture you, as I understand that's not what you came here for.

However, I think it will be difficult to find anyone willing to accept an intact tom cat into their home. All the catteries and cat hotels I know of insist that cats are spayed/neutered before they will accept them.

If you can't find a temporary home before you go to China what are your options?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

The_Lucky_One

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
However, I think it will be difficult to find anyone willing to accept an intact tom cat into their home.
Yeah~ I know its gonna be really hard to find anyone, so that's why I started looking so early just so I have more time to find a good fit for him.