half of cat tail limp

rezizaurs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
My cat is a indoor scottish fold, however I’m not sure if he is pure breed, and 4 months old as of now. Recently his tail has spiked a concern. It appears that the end of his tail is limp. Looking back at older photos and videos of him, his tail has been like that since we got him (2 months ago). Behaviour wise, he doesn’t have a problem with people touching his tail. No lumps or swelling in the tail and I haven’t seen him bite or lick it excessively, just sometimes running after it (which I assume is normal kitten behaviour) and you can straighten the tip of the tail, but it just will not stay like that and flop down. I have checked this forum for people with similar concerns and for most of them it has turned out that the cat has some kind of serious issue, whether the tail is broken or damaged (also in other people’s situations, the cat is always older than mine). I would really appreciate any help or tips on what to do in this situation before calling the vet. I have provided some photos as well!
Thank you!

(I’m sorry if there are any language mistakes, english isn’t my first language and I didn’t use a translator!)

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree about the x-ray, just so you know if there is anything 'wrong'. If there were to have been an injury before you got him, now that 2 months have passed it is likely to have mostly or completely healed and remain permanently like that. That being the case, it is just a cute little quirk!