Guessing stray cat age?

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I've been taking care of this cutie for a while now , It's been 2 months already! I've took him to the vet and did the all the vaccines and worms cure , but I was wondering about his age? this is new to me , I never had a cat in my life, so I'm asking you pro to guess his age :)
Does he look young ?? Are we talking about months or years? Thanks for everyone who will answer!!
Screenshot_2023-06-07-22-22-23-208_com.miui.gallery.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site and thank you for helping that little boy. The vet did not give you any indication of age at all? What did they say about getting him neutered? Or did they say that he already was? The pic looks like a young face to me...under a year definitely.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site and thank you for helping that little boy. The vet did not give you any indication of age at all? What did they say about getting him neutered? Or did they say that he already was? The pic looks like a young face to me...under a year definitely.
Nooo I was worried about the worms situation ( he had tapeworms and diarrhea) and forgot to ask :((
Yeah the vet said I should get him neutered and I think I'll do it once I fatten him up a bit, and surely after getting him the the second dose of vaccine next month (he did the first one this month)...so I guess in August/September?
Here is another pic
IMG_20221121_113619.jpg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He is very cute and definitely looks like a young cat to me. Does he come inside at all? If he has to live outside, a neutered male cat will be safer than an unneutered one who will go looking for mates and get into fights with other cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kiara98

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is very cute and definitely looks like a young cat to me. Does he come inside at all? If he has to live outside, a neutered male cat will be safer than an unneutered one who will go looking for mates and get into fights with other cats.
He's actually living in my small (very small) house and the garden, he's free but hasn't moved from here since I started taking care of him , but I think I'm going to have him neutered anyway

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
He sounds like a stray, and not feral, and he has found his home with you. You are feeding him, have been able to get him to the vet, and have close up pics of him; he is comfortable with you.