Growth on cat’s pawpad?

boodles123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Today I noticed this…growth? on my cats front paw. To my untrained eye it looks like maybe she had a blister/burn/cut and it’s healing over, but I’m not quite sure what it is, really. I never saw her limp or overgroom her paws or anything, and she runs around and plays like normal. Even when I poke & prod at it she doesn’t mind at all. It can’t have been on her paw for more than a month or so, as I have some old pictures of her paw where it didn’t look like this.

she’s an indoor cat who is never on concrete or anything like that, but I do have hardwood floors throughout my apartment that she zooms around on. None of her other paws are like this. If anyone has any idea what this could be I’d appreciate it! Unless it gets any worse, I plan on waiting a week to see if it goes away and then taking her to the vet if it doesn’t
97B2797C-43C9-448C-B0EB-344E56F30D41.jpeg

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! This appears to be hard, healed over like you describe? Given that there is a lot that did not happen to her foot since she is indoor only, I would wait a week and see if it starts to disappear. If it is a blister of some sort, you might see change in it for the better. Any chance she stepped on anything hot or into anything irritating? If it just sits there, I would go to the vet.