Growth on 6 week kittens paws

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess is that it may be a fungal infection, but it’s very dense looking and dark, so I’m really not sure. Does it seem to cause the kitten pain or interfere with walking? It’s odd that it’s only on both back paws.

Are you able to get the kitten to a vet for a professional opinion about this? If treatment is needed it should begin asap. Poor baby!

Please keep us updated!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sandra Kay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It almost feels like bone , im going to get him in to a vet, just been bugging me, searching everywhere for the same issue

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Could it be some sort of scar tissue after, say, a burning? perhaps a chemical burning?

Sandra Kay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know, I foster kittens and the humane society brought me 2 yesterday from different litters she didn't tell me about the feet

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Looks like a boy, but hard to tell from that picture. At that age the testicles won't have dropped yet.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The picture is kind of fuzzy, and I can't tell if it's male or female, but it looks like everything is in order. What do you think looks different from a normal kitten?

Sandra Kay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Turns out it dried out after bathing a few times and crumbled off , due to sitting in a cage at the shelter in its own feces, now we have another issue after getting the genitals clean , a Hermaphrodite kitten.

Attachments

Sandra Kay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The picture is kind of fuzzy, and I can't tell if it's male or female, but it looks like everything is in order. What do you think looks different from a normal kitten?
Does not have a penis or urethra, only a hole in the tuft of hair, no testies, no female parts . Personality is much different than any kitten or cat i have rescued, definitely a clinger to me , and vocals all the needs to me. Tiny lil i call him Joe that's what I want his gender discovery to be a boy . Also very intelligent and stands his ground at about 2 inches tall, to the older foster kittens, also has a temper and will stand his ground .

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Take it to the vet and have it checked. It has to have a urethra or it wouldn't be able to pee. The urethra is internal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good the crud washed off. Do you plan to get the kitten vet checked?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a boy, the testicles have not appeared yet. The round hole, not a slit indicates this. Penis and urethra are internal so you wouldn't be able to see them anyway. At that young an age, everything looks normal to me!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats don't have external genitalia. But I assume since you've fostered other cats you already know that. I still think things look normal, but do have the vet take a look.