Greetings - We Just Got Two Kittens!!

vicky271

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Greetings everyone! I've come to this forum constantly over the last week or so to read some of the posts, so it made sense to join up ;D I'm a young adult with a degree in Photography, and I'm upgrading that degree at University to a bachelor of Communications and Digital Media! I'm obsessed with reading (but, frankly, finding a good fantasy book is so hard so i don't do enough reading ._.), and writing! I would love to break into the Pet Portrait Industry one day!

Our house is home to three Pets. I will posts photos at the end of the post so you can guys can get a visual! Patches is the eldest, and a dog. He's a shih tzu, bichon frise mix. Unfortunately, he never outgrew his puppy phase. Despite being 13, he still acts like a kid ._. It sounds cute, but it isn't. He pees everywhere and I've only been able to train him to sit and stay, and even then he doesn't stay longer than a few minutes. He makes integrating the kittens to the house difficult.

Two weeks ago, my brother bought Poppy, a female tabby Bengal mix. She's like a cheetah raptor. Poppy is ridiculously active when she's awake, and we call her a raptor because she's the smartest flippen cat ever. She knows things I tell you... ; ) But she's a sweetheart <3 She just turned ten weeks, and in the matter of a week we were able to get her from hissing at the dog on sight to playing with him! Despite his stupid "i-must-charge-and-be-in-your-face-because-i'm-an-hyper-dog." Poppy is my brothers cat :D

Wednesday, my dad and I went back to the store where we purchased Poppy and bought Oreo! He's a short hair domesticated with some siamese in his heritage! We almost bought his brother, because his brother was adorable, but three kittens??? No thank you xD Oreo is the opposite of Poppy. He's timid, unless he wants cuddles or to be fed...or he goes to the bathroom. Then he doesn't shut up. It's Saturday and it's taken until today for him to let us hold him without issue. But he still growls, hisses and spits at Patches! We'll work on that!

Thanks for reading!! ^^ I took the pictures below!

Patches
patches001_web.jpg

Poppy
Poppy_web.jpg

Oreo
oreo_web.jpg

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
vicky271 vicky271 - Welcome to TCS - to all of you - doggy, kitties and f1.2 lens! Here's hoping that you stay around, and contribute to the photos forum!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! We’re glad to have you here!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
We've already "met" via your original thread, but it's nice now to put faces to your furry family members' names. All 3 are adorable. :heartshape:

Lovely pictures, btw, but we wouldn't expect anything less since you have a degree in Photography. :camera: Good luck with your goal of getting into the Pet Portrait industry. Feel free to post your practice pictures at TCS. :compsurfing:

We have a forum for Fur Pictures and Videos Only!, as well as one for Other Pets & Animals

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1180E52B-866B-4852-A1B0-5C7E5A1F0327.gif
vicky271,Patches, Poppy and Oreo, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
FD06A5B6-0ED1-4C4B-9EEC-8241FDB146F1.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Oh my, Poopy and Oreo are so cute! :lovecat2: :lovecat:

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:
Patches, Poopy & Oreo are beautiful :heartshape:
I especially like Patches teeth :lol:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hithere: Welcome to TCS! Looking forward to stories and more photos of the fur-kids. They're all adorable. :hearthrob:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and your adorable crew! You had me at "photographer," and I'm looking forward to many, many photos of these guys! If I could go back and have a do-over, I'd have been a photographer, as well.